Pacify in PvP

Kittster

Hello, it's your neighborhood Sentinel re-roll again looking for some additional PvP advice: tonight it is Pacify.

First off, this ability is very difficult to apply - for some reason, when using it like all of my other abilities, the game seems to ignore the command...positioning feels like it needs to be absolutely perfect for a successful application and I have to wait a few additional milliseconds after the GCD comes up or it moves on to my next command. Is this common?

Mainly though, I'm curious what applications does Pacify have in PvP? It doesn't seem to work as the tooltip states, and I'm wondering if this ability is PvE only.

Personally, I think it is one of those abilities that should be off the GCD, but that is beyond the scope of this thread, especially if it is worthless in PvP.

Any replies are always appreciated.

Taken from Angelfeeties' post on Marauder forum:

Marauder: works against Annihilation and Carnage, a tad less so vs Rage Marauders, due to Smash/Crush/Choke/Scream bypassing defense

Jugg: works, same note for Rage Juggs

Assassin: works (for around 50% of their damage)

Sorc: doesn't work (all force attacks)

Merc: doesn't work (mostly tech attacks, except for standard shots and possibly Full Auto[confirmation?])

Powertech: same as Merc, mostly Tech-based

Operative: doesn't really work to well, most will just be chain backstabbing you and bypassing defense

Sniper: works, they have very few tech-based damage shots in their rotations

(It also works on Tracer Missile)