The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

pvp gearing question

TrueCaios

So, I've been running with a pure pyro-powertech for a while now and recently just got into warzones, and it's a blast topping off damage and kills with zero expertise.

So question is, I'm looking at the pvp set bonuses and I'm noticing that the eliminator set has a 15% crit bonus to rail shot, while the combat tech version is for rocket punch.

I realize the eliminator gear is for dps mercs, but as someone who fires off far more rail shots than rocket punches, it seems better suited for my build.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is that extra 0.5 sec carbonize and 15 sec unsnare cooldown worth it, or is fine to just go with eliminator.

So, I've been running with a pure pyro-powertech for a while now and recently just got into warzones, and it's a blast topping off damage and kills with zero expertise.

So question is, I'm looking at the pvp set bonuses and I'm noticing that the eliminator set has a 15% crit bonus to rail shot, while the combat tech version is for rocket punch.

I realize the eliminator gear is for dps mercs, but as someone who fires off far more rail shots than rocket punches, it seems better suited for my build.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is that extra 0.5 sec carbonize and 15 sec unsnare cooldown worth it, or is fine to just go with eliminator.

just go with the eliminator set for PVP, everyone does that ;)