crafting should have a discovery chance

zdfone

This does sound nice! I had something similar in mind. Maybe when making in item it would have a <variable stat> mark on it and after you craft it you will receive the item and it will for example have +5 Presence along with the other stats it said it would have. That exact item with said +5 Presence could be crafted over and over again without change.

But if you wanted a different stat say +5 Willpower you would have to re-craft the first item, and would only have a chance at getting the Willpower you wanted and not a different stat such as Strength or even getting Presence again and not learning a new schematic at all.

However getting the same items you would from REing just sounds like a work around for a system that i already enjoy. (However much other people think it is broken)

Edited by SnowThunder

I think they need to overhaul new schematic discovery in a completely different way! It makes no sense that taking apart something I've already built would help me build something better. What they should do is let us reverse engineer items that we find that we can't build and have a chance of learning how to build them. That's how reverse engineering works in the real world.

or make it so you can RE only other crafts which in turn would make a market for all craftskills greens and blues also would create alot more schematics on the market. so you could then purchase the specific blue schematic you want the purple from, just an idea

I think they need to overhaul new schematic discovery in a completely different way! It makes no sense that taking apart something I've already built would help me build something better. What they should do is let us reverse engineer items that we find that we can't build and have a chance of learning how to build them. That's how reverse engineering works in the real world.

I think when we have us RE an item our character is imagining ways to improve upon said item, and will occasionally figure something brilliant and better out. At least thats what I imagine! :p

when actually crafting items it'd be nice to have a some chance of discovering blues and purples maybe not same rate as RE but anything would be nice.

Essentially you're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Make Item for x% chance at discovery. Make item, RE item for x% chance at discovery.

The future increase in RE discovery chance % will make up for potential crafting discoveries.

I don't think it's a bad idea, just redundant for the system in place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.