Leveling as a healer

FobManX

How viable is it leveling as Combat Medic? I'm 24 and just recently switched. I have very little healing experience, but I am enjoying it so far in PVP(at least when I can stay alive, hehe). But I only did a couple of quests in PVE and noticed my kill speed was kinda slow. Now granted I was 23 and on Tatooine so mobs were higher than me, but still.

If I do go healer, should I use M1 or Aric? I know M1 is the tank but he seems to go down rather quickly. At least with Aric I can get more DPS off, plus he's easier to gear as I can just give him handmedowns.

I used to think M1 was weak until I realized he should be tanking in close with Flameguard which you manually need to click on to get him to use right away.

The 20% armor bonus make a big difference, and he only needs to hit one target to have it affect all baddies that are attacking.

Edited by Wardgrim

At that level I used MX in his damage stance for most mobs and switched him to tank stace for bosses.

1. Make sure he's geared, his starting gear blows

2. Bind his flameguard spot to something easily reachable, use flameguard as the "attack" button to open the fight and pop it whenever you remember to and you'll be golden.

Later I used Vik in the same way, DPS mode for most, Tank for bosses. That is until I got Yuun then my healing was enough to keep him alive in all but the bossiest fights and his dps was so stellar that nothing lived long.

I leveled as heals from 10 to 50. I used M1 until I got Tano. I just spent a ton in the market to gear him out. It was a little slow to kill sometimes, but I never really died solo PvEing. My tank and dps friends though died a lot leveling up :).

How viable is it leveling as Combat Medic? I'm 24 and just recently switched. I have very little healing experience, but I am enjoying it so far in PVP(at least when I can stay alive, hehe). But I only did a couple of quests in PVE and noticed my kill speed was kinda slow. Now granted I was 23 and on Tatooine so mobs were higher than me, but still.

If I do go healer, should I use M1 or Aric? I know M1 is the tank but he seems to go down rather quickly. At least with Aric I can get more DPS off, plus he's easier to gear as I can just give him handmedowns.

Congrats on the move to CM!!! I switched at 25, to Combat Medic. It took a little bit getting used to my new role. I have found Aric to be the most useful. It has been easiest for me to keep him up to date with gear.

I did level from 10 to 50 as full healing spec (all points up to 31 spend into medic).

Dorne was my companion as soon as i got her.

I'm not saying it's the best combination but it certainly was hassle free and not slow at all. I did all H2 and some H4 quests onlevel on my own.

With super charged cell + charged bolts you can burst down up to golden npcs. Champions get at least down to half health.

But the best part was, i didn't need to bother about how much i pull. one to two groups did not matter to me. AOE everything and then grind down the leftovers in the group.

Again to be clear, Damage Tree skilled it does work too. All i want to say is, you don't need to worry you can level just fine as a healer even without DD / Tank companion.

I've been healing spec all the way to 50

Used Aric pretty much the whole journey, he primary dps and me mostly healing with dps if healing not needed.

Used M14X a bit on tat but it was too slow, a fully geared Aric tanks just as well because most mobs are ranged anyways - switched to Tano for some of the big ugly monsters on Voss, he seemed to take the melee much better.

Once you get a decent rotation going of heals/dps you will down mobs pretty quickly with relatively no down time. I only died when I wasnt concentrating or experimenting with how many mobs at once i could handle (or when i was drunk haha:p)

Once you get a decent rotation going of heals/dps you will down mobs pretty quickly with relatively no down time. I only died when I wasnt concentrating or experimenting with how many mobs at once i could handle (or when i was drunk haha:p)

This seems to be the key to leveling quickly with a Combat Medic. Attacking and healing together takes some work, but it's effective and a lot of fun. It's also great practice for PvP.