Legacy

Maggerai

You bet! When your toon reaches a certain point ( i can't remember where exactly but I think it's the end of act 2) you start gaining legacy XP. From that point on ALL your characters will generate legacy XP regardless of the level and from what I can tell you don't loss it even if you delete that character. Legacy XP is shared between all your character. There is nothing you can do with it other than level it at the moment. According to the weekly Q and A though the first legacy content will be implemented in the next major patch (1.2 I think) Some of the content will be new playable races. Other than that it is all in the grey. Edited by ayoumans

The first character that completes Chapter 1 on a given server will unlock your Legacy for that server. Right now, the Legacy system allows you to select a Legacy name which can be used as a surname, title (The Such-and-Such Legacy), or turned off completely. The Legacy system affects ALL of your characters on that server. So the Legacy name will be the same for both Empire and Republic characters.

In 1.2, the rest of the Legacy system (or at least a large chunk of it) will be released. So far we know that this will allow new customization options for alts including new race/class combinations. The devs have also mentioned new powers being unlocked and that the Legacy system will also have benefits for your main character.

When you finish chapter 1 (Normally around level 32, but sometimes even 34), you can create a legacy surname. All characters on your account in that server will share that legacy name. Bioware has hinted at special bonuses for characters in a legacy. Many speculations (However non confirmed) include the ability to get mounts (Speeder bikes and such) before level 25, or to start with sprint.

Choose wisely! Once you hit create, you can nevar go back!

Just going to put this in layman's terms.... Congrats to the people trying to help... Shame on the people who are so "SW Guru" that they blow up on a message board over trivial things..get a life man.

Legacy comes after completion of ACT 1.

Legacy let's you choose a "last name" (permanent at the moment) for ALL characters on the server.

Legacy XP is only being earned right now. The Legacy system aside from the name you choose is not implented yet until later.

Legacy powers, it's function, it's use, etc. will be coming soon.

Legacy levels gained before it gets put into game is kept. So you won't lose what you have earned level-wise.

Just going to put this in layman's terms.... Congrats to the people trying to help... Shame on the people who are so "SW Guru" that they blow up on a message board over trivial things..get a life man.

Legacy let's you choose a "last name" (permanent at the moment) for ALL characters on the server.

Legacy XP is only being earned right now. The Legacy system aside from the name you choose is not implented yet until later.

Legacy levels gained before it gets put into game is kept. So you won't lose what you have earned level-wise.

Under preference, you can choose your legacy to be Lastname, title in <>, or not shown at all. this does NOT conflict with titles you earn in game (like Honorable, Darth, etc etc)

You bet! When your toon reaches a certain point ( i can't remember where exactly but I think it's the end of act 2) you start gaining legacy XP. From that point on ALL your characters will generate legacy XP regardless of the level and from what I can tell you don't loss it even if you delete that character. Legacy XP is shared between all your character. There is nothing you can do with it other than level it at the moment. According to the weekly Q and A though the first legacy content will be implemented in the next major patch (1.2 I think) Some of the content will be new playable races. Other than that it is all in the grey.

*thumbs up*

Edited by Yvin
removed quote + reply

I hope they let me change my legacy name. I'll even pay for the token

I believe BW will find a way. The admins CAN change it ONLY if the name is offensive and derogatory. BW just have to code it such a way that probably would be a fee to change the name (like $5 or something) It could be a service like Server transfer, or character name change etc etc.

Before the confirmation, there is no way to verify the name you type is the one you want. If you misspell or use the wrong letter or forgot a '-', you are pretty much screwed.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Thank you . . . thank you

;)