Quality of Life Issues (QoL)

Ahrue

Her are some issues I had playing the game so far, most are quality of life issues which really can help people if fixed/added to the game, this is not a slam against the game or a troll post. I just wanted to get feedback if people like me found some small issues that could really help people.

These are in no order just off the top of my head. If you have more add them and I can maybe maintain a more detailed list here.

Thanks!

Codex system:

Does not show what I am missing or the metas needed to complete or a proper sorting ability. I just see for example 20/35. Very unclear on what I’m missing.

Chat Sounds:

There is no beep when guild members come on, friends come online or I receive private tells from people.

Combat log:

There is no combat log, sometimes I wonder if my AOE hits certain people or who got a killing blow on a boss, etc.

Mini map:

Is not rotatable per my view instead of fixed.

Target of target:

There are no Target of target bars.

Dual Monitor setup:

SWTOR is on my right monitor and my left is the main for everything else. Whenever I click on the other monitor a window the game sound goes off so I can’t hear if I’m in a PVP warzone or anything. I saw no sounds to disable this.

Flashpoints:

It was awesome the 1st 2 times I ran the zone but on the 3rd of that day I really wish I could skip the entire story plots and just run it. I found myself looking at websites and ignoring the game once the scenes came up.

Paper doll window:

When viewing items it seems to partial work with companions and has no zoom function. It would be terrific if I could zoom in on the window to the head, body, feet areas to better see the gear I’m choosing.

Quest items with on use:

It was very unclear to me questing with objectives that need a on use item, I had no idea it was in my inventory on a separate tab and had to click it. Could you not follow WoW style and place a small icon of the object next to the Quest log tracker on the UI or force the item on a Quest only floating action bar?

Furniture:

Can’t sit on any furniture such as chairs, benches, sofas, etc.

Sit animation:

Everyone has the same sit animation and it pretty awful with legs spread out and one leg up, looks very janky.

GTN issue:

I can’t manually search for any item like say WoW auction system. I can’t shift click a item into a search field to find prices or items. I’m forced to use sub menus, pretty horrendous.

Chat clicks:

When I left click 2 times on a person names I get a /whisper <name> as default prompted. I would like to see the person’s <name> <guild> <level> <location> instead. Makes it very hard to find this information out.

/who issue:

/who doesn’t work with arguments, just opens the Who tab. Why can’t I do /who <guild> to search for all people in this guild.

Also the /who doesn’t show the guild name if I search for a entire guild, there is no Guild column.

Quest log not holding state:

When I close my quest log on the UI (minimize) and then queue for a PVP warzone upon entering the Quest log is fully open again. Does not hold its state.

No scoreboard:

There is no key to view the scoreboard during huttball to view sides, scores, stats.

PVP Queue:

I can’t select which warzone to play, defaults to huttball. Possible population issue?

PVP matchmaking:

I get put in games with players 2x higher than me and under me, seems to be no brackets per level.

Dragging Icons:

Dragging a item doesn't feel right, the hook and placement is off. I should be able to click anymore on a icon

and drag it hover it over a the box and let go. The mouse pointer is like in the upper left corner and icon is like 1/4" inch away. Makes dragging imprecise.

Her are some issues I had playing the game so far, most are quality of life issues which really can help people if fixed/added to the game, this is not a slam against the game or a troll post. I just wanted to get feedback if people like me found some small issues that could really help people.

These are in no order just off the top of my head. If you have more add them and I can maybe maintain a more detailed list here.

Thanks!

Codex system:

Does not show what I am missing or the metas needed to complete or a proper sorting ability. I just see for example 20/35. Very unclear on what I’m missing.

A: Yep. I agree. Codex isn't real helpful.

Chat Sounds:

There is no beep when guild members come on, friends come online or I receive private tells from people.

A: Yes there is. Press Esc and click Preferences. Its in there. Or rather, I think it was in there. If it's not, then right click on the chat window. It was in the game day before yesterday. I had to turn it off.

Combat log:

There is no combat log, sometimes I wonder if my AOE hits certain people or who got a killing blow on a boss, etc.

A: Look at the chat window. There's a second tab. Its in there.

Mini map:

Is not rotatable per my view instead of fixed.

A: Yeah, the map sucks right now. They know and have received protests about it during beta. I really hate the fact that I can't change the maps location.

Target of target:

There are no Target of target bars.

A: There's no target of target bars, but there is target of target. Once again, go into preferences.

Dual Monitor setup:

SWTOR is on my right monitor and my left is the main for everything else. Whenever I click on the other monitor a window the game sound goes off so I can’t hear if I’m in a PVP warzone or anything. I saw no sounds to disable this.

A: Don't think they have this yet.

Flashpoints:

It was awesome the 1st 2 times I ran the zone but on the 3rd of that day I really wish I could skip the entire story plots and just run it. I found myself looking at websites and ignoring the game once the scenes came up.

A: part of the point of the game is to take part in the chats. Don't deny other players something just because you don't like it. And for that matter, press the spacebar on your keyboard. It will skip to the end of the sentence. Continued pressing will get you to the choice and eventually end the conversation.

Paper doll window:

When viewing items it seems to partial work with companions and has no zoom function. It would be terrific if I could zoom in on the window to the head, body, feet areas to better see the gear I’m choosing.

A: That would be nice to have a zoom.

Quest items with on use:

It was very unclear to me questing with objectives that need a on use item, I had no idea it was in my inventory on a separate tab and had to click it. Could you not follow WoW style and place a small icon of the object next to the Quest log tracker on the UI or force the item on a Quest only floating action bar?

A: Better NOT to have a copy of WoW thanks. Just go to your inventory and click on the tab. It's not that hard.

Furniture:

Can’t sit on any furniture such as chairs, benches, sofas, etc.

A: Yes you can. On your ship, you can sit on the cockpit chairs. Though, atm, those are the only chairs you can sit on.

Sit animation:

Everyone has the same sit animation and it pretty awful with legs spread out and one leg up, looks very janky.

A: This one is totally only a personal preference issue. I personally don't care.

GTN issue:

I can’t manually search for any item like say WoW auction system. I can’t shift click a item into a search field to find prices or items. I’m forced to use sub menus, pretty horrendous.

A: Yeah, that I can agree with. I don't see why we couldn't just enter the name and search the entire auction system.

Chat clicks:

When I left click 2 times on a person names I get a /whisper <name> as default prompted. I would like to see the person’s <name> <guild> <level> <location> instead. Makes it very hard to find this information out.

A: Another personal preferences thing. Personally, I don't those are something you need to know.

/who issue:

/who doesn’t work with arguments, just opens the Who tab. Why can’t I do /who <guild> to search for all people in this guild.

Also the /who doesn’t show the guild name if I search for a entire guild, there is no Guild column.

A: Don't see why that's a big deal, but ok.

Quest log not holding state:

When I close my quest log on the UI (minimize) and then queue for a PVP warzone upon entering the Quest log is fully open again. Does not hold its state.

A: I can agree with that, but its a whole UI thing with this game. The UI is very chunky and doesn't contain things that are part of every other MMO on the market. They will likely get to it at some point.

No scoreboard:

There is no key to view the scoreboard during huttball to view sides, scores, stats.

A: Not sure why thats a big deal. Though it might be nice to see that on a board outside the huttball area.

PVP Queue:

I can’t select which warzone to play, defaults to huttball. Possible population issue?

A: Sounds like a glitch. I thought you could see a list.

PVP matchmaking:

I get put in games with players 2x higher than me and under me, seems to be no brackets per level.

A: Good request.

Dragging Icons:

Dragging a item doesn't feel right, the hook and placement is off. I should be able to click anymore on a icon

and drag it hover it over a the box and let go. The mouse pointer is like in the upper left corner and icon is like 1/4" inch away. Makes dragging imprecise.

A: I never even noticed that. Maybe its something with your mouse settings.

There's two things you need to do. Go to the preferences tab, and read the manual.

Edited by moiraesfate