At lvl 50 who owns what planets??

mlinder

That's the thing though...

For troopers (major spoilers, if at all interested in trooper story and haven't done it yet don't click the tag):

The republic are delusional then. I guarentee you, the two sith ones are verified to be the last in the chain and at that point, corellia is firmly owned by the Empire. In fact the government of Corellia has welcomed them with open arms and sworn fealty. Remember, unlike the republic, killing a high ranking person does not stop anything, someone easily steps up and takes over.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this is what I'm talking about. You will always think your faction controls the planet. That's how Bioware makes us think that we contribute. You think House Thul controls Alderaan, I think House Organa does. You think Voss is allied with the Empire, I know it's allied with the Republic. You claim Ilum, Tatooine, Hoth are all Imperial occupied, I say they are Republic.

Balmorra and Belsavis are not open for discussion though. I put a president in power on Balmorra and it's 100% Rep. Belsavis has always been Republic, with some Imps just stirring up trouble and releasing the prisoners.

Edit: HOLY BANTHA POODOO! I just realized the new Supreme Chancellor is the governor of Taris!

Actually, they are very careful to leave Alderaan control in the air, making you completely unsure of which house is actually going to succeed. Ilum is imperial occupied, not owned. That means that they have a presence there occupying a large swatch of land, but its still contested. Voss is most assuredly never claimed to be allied with the empire, in fact in the SI line, the last line, you piss them off quite a bit and make them less likely to join the empire.

Correllia though, is 100% Empire.

The republic are delusional then. I guarentee you, the two sith ones are verified to be the last in the chain and at that point, corellia is firmly owned by the Empire. In fact the government of Corellia has welcomed them with open arms and sworn fealty. Remember, unlike the republic, killing a high ranking person does not stop anything, someone easily steps up and takes over.

Killing high ranking people can cause severe disruption of enemy plans and there effectiveness to fight. However if the dead high rank person is replaced by an equally compitent officer, then the only difference is that the faction has 1 less high rank officer.

So it does do a lot because that faction's ideal choice for that position was Officer Dead. Now intead they have Officer Replacement. Not as ideal.

Actually, they are very careful to leave Alderaan control in the air, making you completely unsure of which house is actually going to succeed. Ilum is imperial occupied, not owned. That means that they have a presence there occupying a large swatch of land, but its still contested. Voss is most assuredly never claimed to be allied with the empire, in fact in the SI line, the last line, you piss them off quite a bit and make them less likely to join the empire.

Correllia though, is 100% Empire.

I thought the SW was the last line, not the SI

Edited by Anti_Bodies

And here we see that sith storyline is before trooper's one.

When you come as a trooper to Corellia, it is said that government of Corellia gave up and welcomed Empire, while citizens were against and we have uprising on the planet. We help them to get control over Corellia again.

Yeah, see now more than ever I am convinced that you are wrong. Because in the Republic storyline for the planet you find out that the government sided with the Empire, then there is the 1 member of the government that betrays the Sith and feeds you information as you free the city. So your part of the story is undoubtedly before Reps enter the scene.

I don't even understand how we can be debating this. Not to mention that with Malgus rebelling, the Empire is in worse condition than ever.

Edited by Bionixx

Killing high ranking people can cause severe disruption of enemy plans and there effectiveness to fight. However if the dead high rank person is replaced by an equally compitent officer, then the only difference is that the faction has 1 less high rank officer.

So it does do a lot because that faction's ideal choice for that position was Officer Dead. Now intead they have Officer Replacement. Not as ideal.

Imperial mentality is such that if a person dies, whoever succeeds them is actually superior, because they managed to succeed where the other person failed. By killing our weak, we promote the strong. This is how the entirety of the sith order is set up, you learn, you train, you become better than your master, you kill him.

At the beginning of the Republic's quest line on Corelia (the entire Republic, not just troopers) that had already happened... That is the basis for your aiding of CorSec... As they are opposed to the Corelian government (which by that point had already invited and accepted Imperial rule)... And by the end of the Republic quest (not the trooper)...

You recapture the government and imprison all of the Corelian government apart from one councilor (who you have a choice of imprisoning or pardoning) since he aided you and CorSec in capturing the government sector...

I can go to Corellia right now, and everywhere I go, there are imperial banners, the imperial own the entire planet, the main city on the planet is owned by the Imperials. The capital city is Imperial still, Republic did not win.

Try to walk into coronet city as a Republic and see if they welcome you.

Edited by lunabaguna

I can go to Corellia right now, and everywhere I go, there are imperial banners, the imperial own the entire planet, the main city on the planet is owned by the Imperials. The capital city is Imperial still, Republic did not win.

The same can be said in reverse...

couldnt that be because up until the very end of the storyline the empire WAS in control?

Try to walk into coronet city as a Republic and see if they welcome you.

That's because the buidlings and decor are static. It would suck to be a trooper getting there for the first time and everyone is having a parade and putting up Republic banners and you missed the final fight.

Edited by Benfynyn

couldnt that be because up until the very end of the storyline the empire WAS in control?

That is exactly the reason. As far as I know, there is no phasing. So Corellia naturally looks like it's under Imp control with a few pockets of resistance. However, in the story you reclaim the whole city.

Imperial mentality is such that if a person dies, whoever succeeds them is actually superior, because they managed to succeed where the other person failed. By killing our weak, we promote the strong. This is how the entirety of the sith order is set up, you learn, you train, you become better than your master, you kill him.

The "succeed where the other person failed" doesn't actually apply to most situations. It just mean that u managed to kill or get killed the officer above you. That officer succeded in doing the same thing when they were in your position.

Also the "weeding out the weak" and if you die that means the person killing you is better, is kind of silly. The amount of effort put into peoples personal goals in the Empire is a ridiculously huge distraction. The Sith can have whatever mentality they want, but it doesn't mean its the "right" way. Example:

My trooper's 1st companion is Aric. He was a rank above my character, until **** happened and he wrongfulyl got demoted (NOT killed like he would in the Empire). By the end of the storyline, he got back his rank and was a member of the most elite squad in the Republic.

Whatever doesn't kill you can just make you stronger. The sith/empire kill too much.

And on my Republic trooper everything is the opposite. There are more variables here then "oh ill just go now and see who won".

I am pretty sure the Sith endings occur before the Republics... As I just watched a Sith ending on youtube and:

The Sith Lord congratulating you on capturing the planet and stopping the Green Jedi is Darth Decimus... You Kill him at the end of the Republic quest line... So either his ghost is giving orders and congratulating people, or the Republic takes the planet after the Empire...

Watch:

Edited by Squeets

IMO, Correllia comes back to the Republic through the World Arc, at the very least the tides are turned. Balmorra definitely goes back to Republic Sobrik is empty, we beat them back at everything in the world arc and specially the bonus missions, <CONSULAR SPOILERS>the Sith Governor dies at the hands of teh Consular<CONSULAR SPOILER>

... Taris I dont know, havent gotten that far in Sith. Its probably the same deal as Balmorra but in favor of the Empire.

The rest of the planets im not sure. Hutt planets seem to stay the same but again, never played Sith on them. Doing Alderaan bonus missions shortly so I should know that one soon (even though we know who wins out at the end anyway ;) )

I am pretty sure the Sith endings occur before the Republics... As I just watched a Sith ending on youtube and:

The Sith Lord congratulating you on capturing the planet and stopping the Green Jedi is Darth Decimus... You Kill him at the end of the Republic quest line... So either his ghost is giving orders and congratulating people, or the Republic takes the planet after the Empire...

Yeah, I'd say that's confirmation.

Watch:

This man wins the "I am smart because I pay attention to detail" award.

The reps own Corellia with some pockets of imperials remaining.

so from all of this im taking that the empire gets really really messed up by the end of the storylines??

Yes because it isn't just the defeats on planets, but the events that occur during the Ilum quest line as well... Where Malgus denounces the Emperor and creates his own Empire...

Watch:

I just watched the Sith Warrior innaguration thing and tbh, I dont recall that cinematic AT ALL, nor any part of whats being talked about. It must have been a side quest that I didnt do, but thats not the storyline for the sith warrior, thats just an imperial side quest thing I think. The sith warrior questline on Corellia involves completely different things that have nothing to do with darth decimus.

Yes because it isn't just the defeats on planets, but the events that occur during the Ilum quest line as well... Where Malgus denounces the Emperor and creates his own Empire...

He dosnt acctually do anything worthwhile, he is a guy who got too big for his britches and took a small fringe group of crazy-faces.