A little Disapointed in Tech Override & Reserve Power Cell

Nannrz

So I have been looking at a bunch of the 40+ abilities that other classes have and I'm feeling a little disappointed in Tech Override & Reserve Power Cell

Maybe if we had some insanely long cast ammo intensive super high damage spell that we only really used as an opener they would be great but other than an instant plasma grenade once in a while or an instant Grav Round in hopes that i kill someone before they kill me I'm not really seeing.

Other Classes have abilities that Proc a free instant spell how is it that it takes the combination of 2 40+ abilities to make one of ours free and instant and it can only happen once every 2 min.

I like the instant cast one as gunnery.

For example when I have to move due to aoe and the armor debuff on the boss is about to run out.

Or if I need a heal and the healer is busy elsewhere, or helping the healer if s/he is cc or something to throw a heal on the tank to alleviate pressure.

An instant Medical Probe is the strongest instant heal in the game, especially when it crits. MP + instant MP = ridiculous healing burst in less than 2 seconds.

The free spell is also great for Medics if you really need a cheap MP, but your AMP is still on CD.

So no, they don't suck. They'll be even more convenient once they introduce macro capabilities.

Gunnery Spec here.

Tech override for me is mainly used for an instant CC or if I want to throw a heal on someone (a 2.5s cast on medical probe feels like an eternity).

Reserve Power Cell is very nice as well since I have it talented to a 90s cooldown I can usually use it 2-3 times during a boss fight. Lets me dip down on ammo to start a fight and get 5 stacks of grav round and a HIB/Demo round off right away...then I can use reserve powercell during full-auto to get my ammo back up.

I use reserve powercell for plasma grenade. It does a lot of damage, but cost too much to be used without it (except for AoE+cc on trashs). Usually when I'm bursting with a relic I toss a grenade.

Tech override is useless for pure DPS. I only use it for instant mez (on turrets against Mentor in D7) or insta heal. I use it about 3times per day, max.

Maybe I should stack both when using the nade. I'm just too lazy to try.

For DPS, the problem with the instant cast is the same with alacrity, you still use the same amount of your precious ammos, and do a lot more hammer shot while waiting for your ammos to regen. In the end, you have used more hammer shot, but nothing else.

Edited by erei

tech override comes in handy during ops when the raid takes too much damage from, say, a swipe from bonethrasher. as a gunnery dps with that "oh S#$%" moment and i need to throw out an instant heal i'll pop tech override and med probe someone. Also, in times with short burts of damage (for instance Soa on the third stage when you pop his shield or the fabricator droid on directive 7) and burst dps is a plus, using tech override on the first gravround stacks the instant 2% debuff increasing the overall effectiveness of your op and allowing you to do more damage with an extra attack.

As for reserve powercell i use it in exclusive situations, such as when i want to use a plasma grenade (4 ammo? get real) in pvp or if i'm in that gray area on my rotation around 7/6 ammo when the >>>> regen turns to >>>, i'll use reserve powercell and full auto, allowing the ammo to regen once on the timer and an additional ammo cell on the crit from full auto.

Are they the best abilities? not by any means. But if they're used they really can help