Merc PvP

kilthias

So I see a general Arsenal "guide" and a healing guide, but neither have what I'm looking for.

Would any experienced Hardcore PvP Mercs tell me which spec they think is best and why. And which professions are the best to pick up. Or direct me to a website (similar to WoW's arena junkies, or elitist jerks) with this information?

Thanks.

So I see a general Arsenal "guide" and a healing guide, but neither have what I'm looking for.

Would any experienced Hardcore PvP Mercs tell me which spec they think is best and why. And which professions are the best to pick up. Or direct me to a website (similar to WoW's arena junkies, or elitist jerks) with this information?

Thanks.

How long is a piece of string?

Seriously, you've got the merc, now just try a few specs and see what YOU like. I started out as Arsenal, but doing the turret impression got very old very quickly. I then tried Pyro and love it. Being good in Pyro is quite a bit more demanding than that TM faceroll. And I love the mobility of it, whereas I felt as Arsenal that I was a dps magnet in warzones.

I haven't rolled as a healer, but I think once they introduce dual-spec that'll be my other option.

As for profs, again do what you like. Cybertech and Biochem are popular for pvp, but it's what you want. If you like making colored crystals in Artifice, then do it. Nobody else is paying your sub fees.

Fair enough.

I have my main, which is an assassin. I was making the merc for pure pvp dominance (Even though there are more OP classes for it). So I am looking for the majority favorite on both spec and professions for pvp.

Granted, people have different play styles. But in every game, there are certain things that are better to have for certain situations. That's what I was looking for.

I probably could have explained my position better: Arsenal seems to be the favorite for doing maximum damage, but for ME, personally, I hated playing it, as I was bored out of my mind. Now, I'm certain many people would disagree with me and find Tracer spam fascinating - fine.

I also find that I don't do as much damage (my opinion, as there are no logs) as Pyro. So for many the decision would be obvious: **** pyro and go back to arsenal. But I have more fun playing Pyro, and am more actively engaged in the game/wz when I'm not a turret. I simply have more fun, and can use LoS to much better advantage.

Edited by Wickedly

arsenal is great for dealing damage and thats why i love it. after a few well placed tracers (we dont spam like the above poster doesnt seem to realize) an HSM+RS combo demolishes people. add that in with some decent aoe and you can have a lot of fun. the downside is that you are as mobile as a house so following people is a hassle and you wont be 1v1 with anyone unless they are undergeared

I am primarily a BG, but sometimes respec to Pyro. When I am in Ops, FP's or our PvP pre I always go as BG. However I prefer to be Pyro for Ilum or any other situation where I may end up in a solo PvP situation, as the dps done when in BG spec is quite understandably low.

Both are decent specs to play, but being 1v1 against a melee when you're a BG isn't much fun, you're fighting to keep yourself healed whilst not really doing anything to kill them.

Edit: I must point out, Pyro is very RNG. If you're unlucky your dps will suck. If you're lucky you will beat the utter crap out of some poor schmuck :)

Edited by Moosimoo