Original DVDs?

Phaelus

Hi, I recently came to the realization that I don't own the original 3 films on DVD and was wondering if anyone know where I could purchase them? I don't own Blu-ray and frankly am not going to spend money for it and I'm specifically looking for theatrical versions, not the terrible altered CGI ones that were released later.

I'd very much like my children to be able to experience the same Star Wars as I did when I was little. Also, if it is in any way possible to get them from a store and not like on eBay or some place.

lucas hasn't released the theatrical versions. you're going to need to google the original trilogy .com or something like that.

Wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Widescreen-Theatrical/dp/B001EN71DG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329098156&sr=8-3

Unfortunately they are no longer in production, which means you'll be buying from people severely overpricing them. Last set I bought they were about $40. Now, new copies are listing for over $200. BUT -- they contain two discs for each movie; one has the original theatrical, one has the new crap. As far as I know, there isn't a BluRay for the theatrical yet. As usual, Lucas will spin the same crap about how it won't do the movies credit, or he can't make it work. In reality, he just doesn't want to -- because this way he can milk it for all it's worth since he knows most of us prefer the originals.

Edited by enrogae

Yeah, I found these Limited Edition DVDs a few years ago, and despite them being overpriced (about $30 for each movie at the time) I jumped at getting them. I have always preferred the original theatrical versions, so I couldn't pass up nabbing these instead of the box set with bonus DVD.

And to be honest, I like the grain.