how effective is Support Cylinder + Rapid Shots?

aaronrous

Why does everyone judge BG Merc as a solo healer in anything bigger than a 4-man HM or daily quest? Merc obviously isn't built for that...which is why you pair one with a sorc. Merc excels in tank heals while sorc excels in AoE ops healing; where each fall short, the other makes up for it.

I think it is because a merc healer can heal an 8 man op. I've done the first boss of EV on hard solo once the sorc healer dropped at 70%. It wasn't easy, and I wouldn't volunteer to heal the entire op for that fight, but we defeated the boss.

Rapid shots is great. If the tank is fully healed (and kolto shelled), and you are low on heat, fire off a rail shot and unload. Then just rapid shoot your tank until you are back to low heat. I crit around 325 or so on rapid shots with half rakata, half columi. It is great that we can heal on the move for free, unlike operatives who must use hots while moving.

Rapid shots is great while healing on the go (hutball), letting people know you are within range of healing them (because most players wont look at your name to see if it is greyed out on the party window), and topping people 85%+ of health without wasting heat. I bound rapid shots to "Q" and use it often.