Player Bounties can save this boring game

Loreal_

If this were *strictly* voluntary, I'd support it. Which is to say, the mechanic would be as follows- character X wants character Y hunted down and killed.

Character X goes to some sort of bounty board kiosk, selects, 'create bounty', and enters character Y's name. They're then prompted to enter the bounty fee in credits- the sum is deducted from their account- and a time limit, i.e. when they want the mark killed by, somewhere between 1-30 days to avoid old bounties cluttering up the place indefinitely.

Character Y, when next logged in, receives a pop-up message informing them that another character, name not given, has requested to place a bounty on their head and asking if they consent or not. If they don't consent, then the bounty notice is discarded, and character X cannot attempt to place a bounty on character Y's head again for one week (to prevent annoying spamming of the 'duelspam' variety).

If Character Y consents, then the notice goes up on the bounty board as an available bounty, and any bounty hunter character can pick it up, functioning from then on like a mission terminal quest.

Once the first bounty hunter kills the 'mark' in PvP, they receive the fee as a mission reward, the bounty is removed from the bounty board, and character Y is immune from bounties for five days (since, outside of the game, if you've killed someone once, you can't normally go back and do the contract again to get a bit more cash :D )

If the mark kills one of the bounty hunters, then they receive a (smaller) reward, and also the name of character X, so that they can go and seek righteous revenge.

If, after the time limit has expired, nobody has successfully completed the 'quest' and killed character Y, character X gets his or her credits back.

Personally, I don't PvP, and I don't find the game boring either... but, if you were going to do it, that mechanic ought to work.

Skyrim and Wow are refined, well thought out games that keep the player interested. They weren't released before they were ready and with a lesser budget than 100 mil, managed to make a smarter, more advanced, and less traditional game.

I lol'ed. Good one, almost had me there.

I never said anyone had to care about my quiting a game for a much better one in Skyrim, more polished. Fanboys, this is my opinion on a public forum, which you choose to read or not. Bottomline the game is boring. That said, they can choose to add things, duh. I hope they add these things, duh. Edited by Loreal_
grammer

You remove credits, there's no credits, that's how it works out. Secondly, you flag yourself to be available for it. You receive special pts., like social points. A high level receives a title. I guess it's hard to comprehend, I'm guessing I don't know.

I never said anyone had to care about my quiting a game for a much better one in Skyrim, more polished. Fanboys, this is my opinion on a public forum, which you choose to read or not. Bottomline the game is boring. That said, they can choose to add things, duh. I hope they add these things, duh.

You might be taken more seriously if your method of making a point didn't involve insulting the game..

Just an observation..

As for bounties on people?? This was heavily discussed in the beta.. The issues were many however.. You just got a bounty on someone that left for a 2 month vacation.. How would find your target?? A mechanism that just tells you where they are and what planet reduces the entire idea to nothing more than basic PVP.. Part of the fun has to be the hunt.. How will this work?? What if the person being hunted is not online??

It was decided that for this to work, that it had to be against NPC's.. They are always online and you don't have to worry about permission issues either.. It is also something that would work both on PVE servers as well as PVP servers..

Bounties against people simply has a ton of issues that nobody can agree on how to solve.. To truly make bounty hunting a fun experience, there obviously needs to be a hunt..

What mechanics are we going to need to allow a hunt to take place?? It has to be fairly easy so everyone can and would want to participate, but on the flip side, not to easy that is just another glorified PVP..

Permission is also an issue.. Players need to have a method to opt in or opt out.. Even on a PVP server..

False bounties.. Everyone knows that on a PVP server, this will simply become another reason to gank someone.. The claim will be that they have a bounty.. Mechanics must be in place to let the person being hunted know they have a bounty on their head and who is looking for them.. Bioware needs to be willing to temp ban people from the game for repeated false killing.. The server needs to keep track of all this so bioware knows when a bounty kill is legit..

No fanboi stuff here.. Just stuff that was all talked about months ago in the beta.. Good idea.. Just a lot of issues to make it work so everyone is happy...

Edited by MajikMyst

If somebody wants me dead, I shouldnt have to consent to someone hunting me.. You should go to a bounty board, place a bounty on someone, and the person with the bounty on their head should be notified that is all... You wouldnt even know if someone acepted your bounty or not...

I wouldnt mind PVE bounties either, just something to do at 50 with a bounty hunter, that actually involves me hunting bounties would be great... Just like a smuggler, there should be smuggle missions as well, otherwise there is no point in the title of smuggler