The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cross Server WZ

Grunergeist

Ugh, cross-server.

I've seen the crap cross-server queues have done for PvE and PvP. The positive is that there are generally shorter queue times. But the negatives ruin a server. Bad bad bad.

You MMO kids today. So lazy and willing to sacrifice everything because you're impatient. :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he positive is that there are generally shorter queue times

And I conjecture that in the case of SWTOR this won't even be the case. The thing with cross-server battlegroups in other games is that while an individual server might have a large disparity in the ratio between factions there is a reasonable ratio across all servers. In SWTOR every server is empire dominated, so if you sum them all together you just get a big pool that is empire dominated. So now instead of waiting for republic to queue on your specific server you are waiting for republic to queue on every server with empire from every server. You'll still be waiting basically the same amount of time as before for a huttball game to spawn (whenever the queue threshhold decides it's okay to make an empire versus empire match).

And I conjecture that in the case of SWTOR this won't even be the case. The thing with cross-server battlegroups in other games is that while an individual server might have a large disparity in the ratio between factions there is a reasonable ratio across all servers. In SWTOR every server is empire dominated, so if you sum them all together you just get a big pool that is empire dominated. So now instead of waiting for republic to queue on your specific server you are waiting for republic to queue on every server with empire from every server. You'll still be waiting basically the same amount of time as before for a huttball game to spawn (whenever the queue threshhold decides it's okay to make an empire versus empire match).

But you know we are screwed when the lead for PvP can't grasp this math right?

Gabe is going to take a problem and turn it into a game killer.

But you know we are screwed when the lead for PvP can't grasp this math right?

Gabe is going to take a problem and turn it into a game killer.

There is an exception to that observation, and that is when your server is so poorly populated that there aren't enough people queuing fast enough to start a 16-man warzone within a reasonable amount of time. However, as has been said over and over that problem is more elegantly solved with server merges.

I am and yet, I am not looking forward to Cross server pvp.

Queue times don't bother me, but faster is always better; however, mine are fine. I like now how I can enter into warzones and recognize Imperial and Republic players and build a relation through that.

The benefits of cross server pvp are good, but the sacrifice at a larger percentage in anonymity makes me cringe.

If you played WoW you would know this, once Cross server anything was implemented it became less about working together and more about "I just need my quick daily and I'm gone", gone were the days of recognizing players and creating an actual community.

It's beyond me how people can be so impatient that they are willing to sacrifice so much ONLY for shorter wait times...

I play on an active PvP servers and there are a bunch of active pvp-guilds on both sides. Whenever we (we're always a group of 4 queuing) meet one of the opposing PvP-guilds it results in complete mayhem with really tight games and so much fun it's silly... IF this goes away as it would with cross-server queues the most of the incentive to PvP goes away.

Facing off against people you've played against before, clash with old enemies... It's what pvp is mostly about! I'm getting the same feeling from SWTOR now that I did in WoW before Blizzard ruined it with cross-server PvP and it's a great feeling!

Kicking someone's *** under the middle in Alderaan in an epic 1vs1 fight and then get to meet him again in a later game for a brutal rematch is such a kick and so much fun! It's about glory! With corss-server PvP you wouldn't ever meet the same guy ever again.

Please Bioware don't kill PvP with cross server queues just like several developers before you! Don't take the easy way out, it will ruin you!

Edited by Craiden