My challenge to the Bioware PVP Dev Team.

Drakks

Hi!

Very simply put, you guys are a bit confused about the difference between how something looks on paper, and how it feels from the player standpoint. This being said, please gather the pvp team up and trot on over to any production server (I play on Ajunta Pall, please come on over and say hi!) for a week, and I want you to do the dailies and weeklies everyday for that time. Make sure you go out as a fresh 50, and then one in full BM gear. Try different times of day, try both factions. Get a real sense for being farmed with low numbers and unable to do anything, and then the inverse of being out there with 40 of your closest friends all competing for 5 armament spawns. After a little Ilum, jump into a WZ or two. Feel how fun it is to lose 20 or so matches in a row, win 1, and have it not count towards your dailes. Feel the thrill of being on the winning side and having the other team quit because the match started with them having a team of 4.

Then, when you are done, I want you to try and look your playerbase in the face and tell us these quests are fun, that you had a good time, and that you'd be glad to pay money per month to continue to do this -- and after spending that time, open a few Champion/BM bags and look at what your time investment earned you (For fun, force an unlucky RNG rolls on yourself). Should be easy, right? I mean, on paper the quests are 3 wins for a daily, 9 for the weekly. 30 kills or armaments for the daily, 150 for the weekly...25% chance on boxes seem about right? If you write that down and look at it, what's the problem?

I'll hazard a guess that if you actually spend a week playing the game as you've inflicted it upon us, you'll be able to very easily answer the above and you'll probably even have a solid grasp on what you could do to remedy the situation.

Until then, this ruling on high with spreadsheets is not working out particularly well across the board because you're missing out on something besides the hard numbers -- and, I promise you, it's going to cost you players if you continue to do it.

Edited by Drakks

I doubt any of the relevant developers are unaware of the situation. They simply aren't able to fix it in the timeframe people care about. It's quite clear from the Q&A that their intent is for 1.2 to be a major overhaul of many game systems, including PvP and associated rewards.

It's inefficient for them to try to keep making incremental fixes on something they plan to throw out completely in a month. However, they also can't say anything to that effect out loud or it'll look even worse.

Basically, they're not blind, but they aren't going to fix this. They're concentrating on March in hope that people will put up with it till then, or come back if they leave.

I doubt any of the relevant developers are unaware of the situation. They simply aren't able to fix it in the timeframe people care about. It's quite clear from the Q&A that their intent is for 1.2 to be a major overhaul of many game systems, including PvP and associated rewards.

It's inefficient for them to try to keep making incremental fixes on something they plan to throw out completely in a month. However, they also can't say anything to that effect out loud or it'll look even worse.

Basically, they're not blind, but they aren't going to fix this. They're concentrating on March in hope that people will put up with it till then, or come back if they leave.

My problem is I haven't seen squat about Ilum

You realize that Ilum is fine the way it is, the only thing they need to solve is server balance not ilum system itself. Controlling server balance isnt the easiest thing either.

True... but since a balanced server either A. Doesn't Exist or B. Can't get to it anyway, Something should be done about the Ilum Mechanic to address it. Personally just get rid of it if it is too hard to fix. Nobody likes it and if it didn't give out BM bags I wouldn't bother with the thing anyway.

You realize that Ilum is fine the way it is, the only thing they need to solve is server balance not ilum system itself. Controlling server balance isnt the easiest thing either.

lol

So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!

yeah, it's fine.

I think both points here are debatable.

I don't think Ilum is fine, and I resent being forced to go there for a horrifically designed daily quest that, simply put, is neither fun nor worth the effort to finish. That being said, neither daily quest actually makes sense given the actual problems in the game, and the WZ quest that haven't even figured out how to ensure gives you credit 100% of the time on win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.