How does Voidstar tie work?

Parathax

Personally in a tie situation I think both sides should get a win.

If anything both sides should get a loss to prevent people from saying "Just let it tie and we'll both win, okay guys? We don't need to be fighting! War is not the answer!"

Thanks, but no thanks. Had enough of that carebear crap in the first weeks of Ilum.

If anything both sides should get a loss to prevent people from saying "Just let it tie and we'll both win, okay guys? We don't need to be fighting! War is not the answer!"

Thanks, but no thanks. Had enough of that carebear crap in the first weeks of Ilum.

I prefer to think of it like hockey overtime. Instead of playing lazy, you play extra crazy to deny the win from the other side since yours is already guaranteed.

Or they could move on to a shootout. No respawn overtime.

Edited by EternalFinality

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest you're all pretty much wrong. It's either bugged or completely random:

http://imageshack.us/f/600/screenshot2012020619051.jpg/

From my SS you can take that it's not:

- Team with less deaths

- Team with most kills

- Team with most objective points

- Team with most medals

The defending first has also been debunked and even if that was true that's a fully retarded way of determining who was the better team.

We got to the same doors as attacker and defender. When we were attacking, we got to last doors with about 60 seconds left, but we couldn't blow them to access the data core. The opposing team got to the same place with about 30 seconds left, and they also couldn't blow the doors to get to the data core. They won. Why? What's the tie-breaker in Voidstar?

Clearly it's not the quickest to get the same number of objectives.

Have to agree that if you placed faster, your team should have won.

Would be good to know what would cause that to not be the case.

Could also be that they placed the one of the previous bombs faster than you did.

To be honest you're all pretty much wrong. It's either bugged or completely random:

http://imageshack.us/f/600/screenshot2012020619051.jpg/

From my SS you can take that it's not:

- Team with less deaths

- Team with most kills

- Team with most objective points

- Team with most medals

The defending first has also been debunked and even if that was true that's a fully retarded way of determining who was the better team.

i added up the numbers and the only things you "lost" on were healing and number of total people per side...

possible answer lies there?

nah imps win by default there no tie condition :p. ( I would truely like to know if any imp have lost a tie?) I have never won a tie been in many many of them, so I would love to know what it is

I'm a Sith Assassin, and I've lost several ties, though I think I've won more ties than I've lost. I think that objectives make the most sense in terms of a tie-breaker, as we typically unlocked everything on our way in, but can't say for sure.

Jeez guys, you are actually making this more complicated than what is really going on.

Gabe: "Do me a favor and write a module to award a voidstar win to one side in the event of a tie."

Rookie developer: "What criteria should I use?"

Gabe: "I don't care, write something and have it ready in a half hour."

Rookie developer: "Do you want to see it when I'm done?"

Gabe: "I don't have time, just make sure it doesn't create a bug."

Rookie developer sits down.

If RepObjComplete = ImpObjComplete Then

If RepObjComplete < 4 Then

WZWinRoll = (Rnd + 1)

If WZWinRoll = 0 Then

WZWinner = Rep

Else

WZWinner = Imp

End If

End If

End If

The developer leans back in his chair, takes a sip of his lukewarm Monster drink and sends Gabe an email it's finished.

Edited by Ozzone

I have never figured out the real answer but someine in VS a few nights ago suggested that in the case of an actual tie (e.x. 0-0) both teams get the loss screen.

Can any verify/deny that? All of my screenshots of exact ties are losses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.