Some servers are Republic heavy(according to devs)?

Crowleyz

Faction balance is always a concern and something we watch carefully across all servers. It’s also something you can never fully account for programmatically as it is different on each server. We have many servers where the differences are small enough to be negligible and then others where either the Empire or the Republic has a huge numbers advantage. The Legacy System will take some first steps towards incentivizing players to look at what the other side has to offer and we will continue watching the most extreme servers to see if additional steps are needed.

Please tell me where this is so I can start playing there immediately. Just imagine... Warzones without 9/10 Huttball or Ilum without camping Republic base... But I dream.

If you did a better job of communicating this information to your playerbase(or attempted to do so at all at least), maybe the problems wouldn't be quite so huge on a lot of servers.

Edited by Crowleyz

Please tell me where this is so I can start playing there immediately. Just imagine... Warzones without 9/10 Huttball or Ilum without camping Republic base... But I dream.

If you did a better job of communicating this information to your playerbase(or attempted to do so at all at least), maybe the problems wouldn't be quite so huge on a lot of servers.

The Swiftsure is one like sever with a high/close rep to empire ratio. also active at all times

There are servers where the Empire or Republic have numerical advantage.

He didn't say both existed. He said there were servers where either condition was true.

It doesn't confirm or deny any Republic majority.

That is actually quite true :D He says Empire OR Republic, which actually does not confirm that there exists a server where the Republic has a numerical advantage. Clever and well-placed words to deceive current and (hopefully)future playerbase. Very nice.

That is actually quite true :D He says Empire OR Republic, which actually does not confirm that there exists a server where the Republic has a numerical advantage. Clever and well-placed words to deceive current and (hopefully)future playerbase. Very nice.

I wouldn't call it "deception" because that implies he's actually lying, which I have shown he was not. He is, however, deliberately avoiding confessing what could be a major flaw in the game and using neutral language.

Besides, what would be be trying to deceive people into thinking? Isn't faction imbalance a problem no matter which side has the majority?

Well in Warzones my server is usually Empire winning, whilst actually there is probably a 1 in 3 shot that Reps win it.

But on Ilum, for about 7 hours after reset it is rep controlled.

I'd tell you my server, but I don't want to ruin the balance :/

I wouldn't call it "deception" because that implies he's actually lying, which I have shown he was not. He is, however, deliberately avoiding confessing what could be a major flaw in the game and using neutral language.

Besides, what would be be trying to deceive people into thinking? Isn't faction imbalance a problem no matter which side has the majority?

Deception does not necessarily include a direct lie. He is insinuating that there exists a server for which the statement is true, but the statement itself has an inherent ambiguety that is true regardless of the state of faction balance. I would therefore call it a deception, a misdirection or a misleading statement at the very best.

The devs are either lying or clueless. There are NO servers where Republic has a significant majority over the Empire. It's either close (on RP-PVE/PVE servers) or super-outnumbered (PVP).

Yeah tend to think this as well. It's purely deception.

glad all you guys are datamining population numbers and posting them up on your websites and then linking to them as proof of yoru grand claims rather than foaming at the mouths because you have a perception of your own servers regardless of what the reality may be even locally for your server.

PS welcome to hard faction games. whoah, faction imbalance? really? crazy! who'dathunkit. 2004 called, they want their horde qq back.

Or you know, maybe, he was just saying the truth that there are some servers where the republic side has a significant majority?

I mean, it does not have to be a conspiracy all the time...

(and it would not be the first time when there was a huge clamour on this forum about an issue that shortly after was proven to be nothing of conjecture by ill informed and grumbling players)

Or you know, maybe, he was just saying the truth that there are some servers where the republic side has a significant majority?

I mean, it does not have to be a conspiracy all the time...

(and it would not be the first time when there was a huge clamour on this forum about an issue that shortly after was proven to be nothing of conjecture by ill informed and grumbling players)

How about you give me that magical server name where the so-called huge Republic overpopulation is occurring, and I'll go check their fleets. I need at least 2:1 ratio which is very common reversed in Empire's favor for many servers. Go on.

The devs are either lying or clueless. There are NO servers where Republic has a significant majority over the Empire.

I'm sure you have a much better idea what the populations on all servers are than Bioware does.

Seriously, how old are you?

I'm sure you have a much better idea what the populations on all servers are than Bioware does.

Seriously, how old are you?

I'm 27 thanks for asking. I'm not really sure what connection my age has to do with calling the devs bluff.

I personally /who'ed over 20 servers during launch, checked swtorprogress/forums, etc, finding a balanced server to roll my characters on. I haven't seen one server where Republic massively outnumbers Empire, meanwhile the reverse trend is normal occurrence.

If you can provide one single server where Republic outnumbers Empire at least 2:1 (devs: "Huge numbers advantage"), I'll take my words back.

I'm 27 thanks for asking. I'm not really sure what connection my age has to do with calling the devs bluff.

You can't think.

I personally /who'ed over 20 servers during launch, checked swtorprogress/forums, etc, finding a balanced server to roll my characters on. I haven't seen one server where Republic massively outnumbers Empire, meanwhile the reverse trend is normal occurrence.

If you can provide one single server where Republic outnumbers Empire at least 2:1 (devs: "Huge numbers advantage"), I'll take my words back.

They method in which you collect your data is wildly inaccurate, not that you'll ever admit to this. Did the population fluctuate before or after you left? Have you been keeping running tallies on all servers since launch, or did you do one /who, then leave?

You're in no position to mouth off on population, but since you're a young male getting pummeled in a competition, rage is poisoning your brain. Then you call people liars.

Grow up.