Ball decides a TIE victor??????

Gryphandor

It should either be a tie or which ever team had hold of possession of the ball most.

I am sorry but you are in there to get your daily done. You don't want to have it end in a tie but you also don't want to loose because you had the ball taken in the last 10 seconds and the game was say 3 to 3.

The game needs a better system. I say it goes into OT with the next score to decide the winner. So the game is extended maybe another 10-min. Atleast a clear winner will be decided.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, do us all a favor and return to CoD or wherever that idea comes from. Huttball is not a Deathmatch.

Right, because sometimes when two teams are VERY good at killing each other, to the point where no one can score more than the other side, the match shouldn't be decided in a player versus player format where people are able to make their skills at killing worth something.

Huttball already is pretty much deathmatch at times. I think a no-res sudden death overtime would make for a very interesting, pretty fun way to determine the winner of a match.

Sometimes people just need to get back to the basics of PvP and kill each other for the win.

A no res overtime sounds like silly good fun.

Well the rez works but the force field no longer drops. So last man on the field could be fun and the ideal way to decide the winning team. Not going to say it will always feel fair but better then ball control deciding.

Edited by Gryphandor

Just wanted to throw this subject a bump. Think it deserves a bit more debate.

For those not going back and reading everything. Basically some of us do not feel which side has ball control in the event of a tie is the best way to decide a victor in a Huttball match. Winning is such a big deal for some people they will stop playing and just hold the ball in a group for the last minute or two.

Loads of other ways to determine a winner during a tie!

Well the rez works but the force field no longer drops. So last man on the field could be fun and the ideal way to decide the winning team. Not going to say it will always feel fair but better then ball control deciding.

Yeah it comes down to an operative and an assassin and they both stealth around for 15 minutes while 14 other people are trapped. Or better yet let it come down to 2 sith sorc healers because we all know they can put out enough dps to break each other bubblds just to have them go up again

Alright I am sorry if there are more threads on this subject but honestly now. A Huttball victory needs to be decided over more then just who has the ball in the event of a tie. This is the second time a group has got the ball and they all gather up and hold off for the last minute or two with ball control just to win.

Sorry but that is BS when things like medals or the overall kill count of a team would be a much better way to guage the victor. Just my 2 cents and would love to read other thoughts. Ball control seems like such a stupid way to decide a victor.

No it is not , cause then we could all form a defense line , and farm medals like crazy then in the end ,we win. would be cool right.

It may not be perfect atm , but i dont see any better ideas around.