Cleanse ability for healers and Bacta infusion.

snaplemouton

I'm using republic classes for this thread. Probably the same for the empire classes.

My combat medic is currently level 50 fully champions except for columni gloves, centurion bracers and matrix cube.

My bacta infusion heals for a big 3.8k in crit on myself with kolto residue. I am PvP specced so I got the +9% healing received increase talents.

My scoundrel is level 47 in an average gear level of 44-45 with no relics and is specced 24-13. Giving him the heal on cleanse.

The cleanse can crit up to 2k in healing on myself and I got the same +9% healing received increase in talent.

This blows my mind.

21 second CD (18 with 4 set champion).

vs

6 second CD that remove 2 negative tech/physical/mental debuff.

I don't know how much healing it will deal at 50 in champion gear. But probably as much. I remember my bacta infusion healing for around 2k-2.4k in crit when I was level 50 in blues.

The cleanse doesn't require to remove something to heal.

So... why can the scoundrel heal THAT much with cleanse? And why the combat medic is the only healer without a heal on his cleanse?

I know we have high resistance to damage, but we also have no movement ability at all while other healers have movement abilities...

In PvP combat medic is usefull because it's a tanking healer. But our heals are so crappy that we are the only one who actually survive.

In PvE we are clearly underpowered compared to scoundrel and sage...

Edited by snaplemouton

Well I personally have had no problems in PvP or PvE. My group heal is a little sketchy if I'm the only healer, but no PvP problems. I really just think people expect the same from a combat medic as they do form a sage or scoundrel, which isn't really fair. Combat medics strength lie in their ammo system and roll-up heals. Specced right you can heal one guy and yourself forever. A sage will run out of force and a scoundrel will die while the commando is still churning out heals, albeit "worse" heals.

I made a post about this awhile back, totally agree. Should make kolto bomb dispell and just remove field aid. Sage's cleanse heals for a decent amount too. Whenever I get a DoT spec class on me it is impossible to keep up with the damage because my cleanse doesnt replace any health, but on my 42 sage I can live forever because of the mobility combined with the shield. My brother plays a scoundrel and does very well in PvP by spamming his cleanse as well as his other instants.

Well I personally have had no problems in PvP or PvE. My group heal is a little sketchy if I'm the only healer, but no PvP problems. I really just think people expect the same from a combat medic as they do form a sage or scoundrel, which isn't really fair. Combat medics strength lie in their ammo system and roll-up heals. Specced right you can heal one guy and yourself forever. A sage will run out of force and a scoundrel will die while the commando is still churning out heals, albeit "worse" heals.

Sage can't run out of force.

Good Scoundrel doesn't die.

Combat medic is the only class that can't keep someone alive thru very heavy fire.

A scoundrel can simply spam emergency medpac which heal like bacta infusion if not more and can be spammed as long as the target is under 30% HP. Making someone nearly invulnerable under 30% if the scoundrel isn't CCed. (Add slow release medpac to that...)

Edited by snaplemouton

Sage can't run out of force.

Good Scoundrel doesn't die.

Combat medic is the only class that can't keep someone alive thru very heavy fire.

A scoundrel can simply spam emergency medpac which heal like bacta infusion if not more and can be spammed as long as the target is under 30% HP. Making someone nearly invulnerable under 30% if the scoundrel isn't CCed. (Add slow release medpac to that...)

rofl.

a scoundrel has the least tools to survive focus fire and are squisher then both sages - because of a lack of bubble - and commandos because they have no armor and less survivability cds: no knockback, dodge is a pitiful excuse for a cd, their shield doesn't absorb that much and HoTs tick for nothing without PvP gear and trauma.

emergency medpacks refund is a huge gimmick. it won't make ANYONE invulnerable to damage. all it does is delay the inevitable. i've kept people up with it on my scoundrel, sure, but the person trying to kill my ally was terrible.

also, the triage talent for scoundrels is currently bugged and healing twice. it'll get fixed. the sage's cleanse heal heals for about 500 (lol).

it doesn't matter how good the scoundrel is. more then one person focus firing them will probably end with the scoundrel dead unless there's a HUGE gear discrepancy.