Well, THAT isn't the problem.

Avesa

I am now afraid of talking to random npc's when I scoot around the universe. We are now a month and a half past launch and there are still missions I can't drop.

I think it is pretty dang silly in the first place. Then, there are these additional missions at the Fleet that ask you to go back to planets to do more stuff. Didn't know that. Talked to guy, he wants to give me a mission... I tell him I'm not interested... he gives it to me anyway. What do you know, I can't abandon it.

I thought the theory about why you can't abandon certain quests was that there was no place to go to reaquire them. I guess not since the guy I just picked it up from is still breathing on my character.

Of course this issue is just one of many. I've been defending this game for the most part, but I have been rolling it around in my brain about where the threshold will be for me before I just say, "enough". I can't say I will pay for more than another month or two without substantial improvement.

If I remeber the patch notes it only addressed certin missions and didnt day all mission could be abandoned.

I have seen this complaint a few times and I must ask. If you had no intention of completing the quest then why did you even talk to the quest giver?

Perhaps because I had no idea that said quest giver was going to try to give me a quest 20 levels below me that offered no experience? Perhaps also because I had no idea that, unlike other cases, he would not give me an opportunity to decline his mission?

Does it really matter? There shouldn't be any missions that can't be abandoned.

I am now afraid of talking to random npc's when I scoot around the universe. We are now a month and a half past launch and there are still missions I can't drop.

I find this completely outrageous as well, BW will have no one to blame but themselves for the fall of this game at this point. All major bugs should have been dealt with prior to launch the fact that they are still going on is proof the game was rushed. Just hope they address these issues before D3 or its going to be lights out SWTOR.

I find this completely outrageous as well, BW will have no one to blame but themselves for the fall of this game at this point. All major bugs should have been dealt with prior to launch the fact that they are still going on is proof the game was rushed. Just hope they address these issues before D3 or its going to be lights out SWTOR.

You post the same basic BS in every thread you post in. If you hate the game so much just leave.

As for as abandoning the quests/missions, Most likely they didnt believe that people would continuly take quest and not complete them. They have started fixing this and hopefully they will have it so you can abandon any quest you want.

You post the same basic BS in every thread you post in. If you hate the game so much just leave.

As for as abandoning the quests/missions, Most likely they didnt believe that people would continuly take quest and not complete them. They have started fixing this and hopefully they will have it so you can abandon any quest you want.

The problem is quests are bugged and cannot be completed, it doesen't say when taking the quest **Warning this quest is broken and can never be removed**, furthermore if BW could get the basics down I wouldn't have to explain it to them.

Telling paid subscribers to leave the game is an idiotic thing to do. Don't do that.

Telling paid subscribers to leave the game is an idiotic thing to do. Don't do that.

I only tell the ones that constently spew hate. If you cant stand something then why keep playing?

I will agree that not being able to abandon quests can be a problem and they have started to fix this. As for not taking a quest if you hit escape during the dialog it will back you out and you wont get it. Granted you wont know if it is of a level that will give you XP or not but it is a way to keep from taking a quest.

Are you having a tough time reading? I didn't know what the quest was! Once I talked to him and realized he wanted to give me a quest way lower than my level, I chose the option to tell the quest giver that I was busy, and was naive enough to think this meant I was rejecting it!

Do you get it yet?

Don't give me that crap 'most likely they didn't believe that people would continually take quests and not complete them' crap. Do you want me to never talk to an npc out of fear that he'll give me some worthless, irrelevant mission? Great game strategy!

Ok getting hostile are we. I get what your saying. I said that by hitting escape get you out of it without having to make any choices. You made a selection and it still gave you the quest. If you would have hit escape it would have kicked you out of the dialog and NOT given you that quest.

I also said that I do agree that you should be able to abandon quests.

As far as my saying it is being worked on, well you dont seem to want to believe that so no use saying it again. As another poster has said, you could have done the stupid thing by now with all of the time you spent complaing about it.

So before you get hostile again you try reading. I know it isnt what YOU want to hear but it is what it is.

I'm only getting irritated with you because you keep implying that everyone that is complaining about this is just going around picking up random quests just to see if they're bugged, with no intention of ever doing them.

Also, the reason I have time to type is because I'm at a point in my class quest where I have to travel a lot and god knows it takes 10 minutes to leave a planet and go to another one.

Also, the "Just go do the quest" argument is so terrible I don't know where to start.

I'm only getting irritated with you because you keep implying that everyone that is complaining about this is just going around picking up random quests just to see if they're bugged, with no intention of ever doing them.

Also, the reason I have time to type is because I'm at a point in my class quest where I have to travel a lot and god knows it takes 10 minutes to leave a planet and go to another one.

Also, the "Just go do the quest" argument is so terrible I don't know where to start.

Again I never said you or anyone else was picking up quests to see if they where bugged. Again you are trying to put words into my mouth.

Again I placed an option out there to possibly help out until they get this completely fixed.

Again, as I and others have said, you could have completed that quest and it would be gone. If you have opted to go and do something else then that is your choice. But for now until you complete that quest it is stuck in your quest log and most likely will be there for awhile.

Again, if you think that coming on here and fighting with those who are giving suggestions to possibly help you in the future is going to get that quest removed faster then you are mistaken.

The proper way to report ANY bug is with the in-game system. If you decide to use it you need to be detailed and you need to NOT attack anyone. I am not saying they will remove the quest for you but they will then have a bug ticket and who knows, maybe in a patch or two it will be fixed.

At this point I have nothing else to say. Either you will see that I am offering suggestions and not blaming anyone for purposefully looking for bugs or you wont.

Edited by CeruleanNite

Customer retention isn't 'our job', it's Bioware's job.

I totally agree with you, but I was pointing out the hypocrisy of telling someone to leave an MMO. And then the person who doesn't want to share the game with anyone, and doesn't see any room for improvement at all, the workarounder, the oblivious - that's who we're left with.

Ok getting hostile are we. I get what your saying. I said that by hitting escape get you out of it without having to make any choices. You made a selection and it still gave you the quest. If you would have hit escape it would have kicked you out of the dialog and NOT given you that quest.

I also said that I do agree that you should be able to abandon quests.

As far as my saying it is being worked on, well you dont seem to want to believe that so no use saying it again. As another poster has said, you could have done the stupid thing by now with all of the time you spent complaing about it.

So before you get hostile again you try reading. I know it isnt what YOU want to hear but it is what it is.

LoL.. You're hearing him but you're not listening. He wanted a quest but didn't realize it was so low. Seeing "No **** off" as an option of course he figured it'd drop the quest. He just didn't know that Bioware actually dropped the ball..

The OP takes no blame here please do not place ANY of this situation on him.

Edited by Opapanax

Again I never said you or anyone else was picking up quests to see if they where bugged. Again you are trying to put words into my mouth.

Again I placed an option out there to possibly help out until they get this completely fixed.

Again, as I and others have said, you could have completed that quest and it would be gone. If you have opted to go and do something else then that is your choice. But for now until you complete that quest it is stuck in your quest log and most likely will be there for awhile.

Again, if you think that coming on here and fighting with those who are giving suggestions to possibly help you in the future is going to get that quest removed faster then you are mistaken.

The proper way to report ANY bug is with the in-game system. If you decide to use it you need to be detailed and you need to NOT attack anyone. I am not saying they will remove the quest for you but they will then have a bug ticket and who knows, maybe in a patch or two it will be fixed.

At this point I have nothing else to say. Either you will see that I am offering suggestions and not blaming anyone for purposefully looking for bugs or you wont.

1. Putting words in your mouth? Go re-read what your first couple of responses were. You didn't say anyone was going around trying to find bugged quests on purpose, but you did basically imply that this was mostly the players fault, i.e. "i must ask, why do people even take the quests if they don't plan on completing them".

2. I'm not going to go waste 30 minutes of played time to do some quest 20+ levels below me when I shouldn't have to.

3. I know Bioware is 'working' on it, although we're months in since this bug has been reported so I'm not sure of what kind of Herculean effort is required to handle it.

4. I have reported the problem with a bug report, but thanks for assuming otherwise.

5. I'm glad you have nothing else to say, because your trite little comments weren't solicited in the first place.

LoL.. You're hearing him but you're not listening. He wabted a quest but didn't realize it was so low. Seeing "No fucjk off" as option of course he figured it'd drop the quest. He just didn't know that Bioware actually dropped the ball..

I understand that and even said that in the quote of me you made. Again you need to read.

Yes he opted for the CHOICE that refuses the quest and still got it. I acknowldged that and also presented an option for future conversations in case he wishes to use it.

Until this is fixed what other choice is there?

To Avesa.....

Say what you will. I am glad you put in a bug report. I am also glad you seem to think I was not blaming everyone for this. It is a bug and needs to be fixed.

If you dont want suggestions on how to possibly avoid this in the future until it gets fixed then so be it. Also if you dont want to hear the only current way to get rid of that quest then so be it.

So until they get this fixed if you dont want to take up your time then you will be stuck with that quest in your quest log.

Edited by CeruleanNite

I understand that and even said that in the quote of me you made. Again you need to read.

Yes he opted for the CHOICE that refuses the quest and still got it. I acknowldged that and also presented an option for future conversations in case he wishes to use it.

Until this is fixed what other choice is there?

Unsub..

Unless you have done the quest before, there is no way to know if it is below your level. Oh you need help on this planet I have not been to in a while? Could be like my class quests sending me back to low level planets for stuff, sure what is it?

Yes you can finish it fast but that is not the point. The main points are, the quest giver icon above the guys head should be grey or some indicator that the quest is way below your level. Also, since this is not the case, you should be able to abandon any quest at any time, including bonus quests. The only exception is for class quests. But even those have issues. I am still stuck with a bonus part of a class quest that I cannot drop or complete.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Yes you can finish it fast but that is not the point. The main points are, the quest giver icon above the guys head should be grey or some indicator that the quest is way below your level.

I noticed this too; having a grey logo would be handy, and I'd like to see that changed sometime.

Still, a planet tells you its level range every time you travel there. It's not a great leap of logic to assume that unless you are returning for a Bonus Series, the quests will all be of the level range specified.

I noticed this too; having a grey logo would be handy, and I'd like to see that changed sometime.

Still, a planet tells you its level range every time you travel there. It's not a great leap of logic to assume that unless you are returning for a Bonus Series, the quests will all be of the level range specified.

Some low level quest are given on Fleet..

Well, for starters, we can keep posting it on the forums so that they realize it's a priority for some gamers (as well as game-stalling for others whose quest logs are full).

Exactly. Pretty much the point of my post. It certainly wasn't for someone to tell me things I already know, like 'you can hit escape' or 'they're working on it'.