The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quick Tanking Question vs Guardian

Kwantity

Hey guys! I was considering making a vanguard and I was wondering why I don't see as many vanguards compared to guardians tanking for fp's and such. Is there a huge difference to tanking and the way it works or is it just my server? (Grand Master Zym)

Cause people like lightsabers? :p

Honestly IDK, I love my Vanguard. Guardians seem to have better defensive cooldowns and more leap abilities but as a Vanguard I love the "range". Most of the time you'll be in melee but it's great to be able tab-target new adds with rapid shots. Then add in some great AoEs (mortar volley to start it off [seriously *** OP] and pulse cannon when they close in). The only thing I don't like is how we don't get to see our crystal color unless we use rapid shots :(

Another possibility is that they already rolled a Commando and don't want to repeat the story. I admit those BFGs were tempting!

Edited by wallywaffles

The only thing I don't like is how we don't get to see our crystal color unless we use rapid shots :(

Don't remember that, im pretty sure every shot I fire shows the correct colour, according to my colour crystal, ill have to check when I get ingame later today.

Because people like lightsabers.... +1

Thats the simple reason. They are not better than us, they just attract more people who put jedi on the religion section of their census forms.

I dont think they have any tanking abilities that make them better than us, but they do do more damage than us. However, they cant tank at range and we can, which for some bosses is quite useful.

Don't remember that, im pretty sure every shot I fire shows the correct colour, according to my colour crystal, ill have to check when I get ingame later today.

The barrel of the weapon changes color depending on which cell you are using.

I never really noticed any color in the bullets lol..

All looks white to me... but I have 1 eye so my vision is not the best :cool:

To the OP's question.

Im the main tank for my guild and the ONLY vanguard. We got like 3-4 guardians. Most of them prefer to DPS than tank.

I have noticed that guardians seem to do better at tanking multiple targets better than us. But single target... they dont stand a chance... especially a boss. I have had 2 guardians throw up thier eqivalent to our ion cell and the mob never even batted an eye at them lol..:D

Edited by Smokey_swtor