Bonus wave!!!!

OGronD

ug they said they were done for today

hello again all -

we're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale mmo launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during early game access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, i wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in july (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on day one of early game access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late july). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early december).

The question i know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

Tl;dr - we've seen a lot of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8am cst, and i'll start another thread then to track progress.

With this i do not see a bonus wave coming today

how bout u go bonus wave urself bro

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i almost forgot

i scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVEi scream you scream we all scream for BONUS WAVE

just give us a bonus wave cmon. think about it like this, if u do it today then you wont have to do it tommorow! you might even be able to spend the time that you were going to be spending tommorow doing the finals waves havin a xmas lunch perhaps maybe even take your kids to the park?

just give us the wave

Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale MMO launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during Early Game Access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on Day One of Early Game Access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late July). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early December).

The question I know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

TL;DR - We've seen a LOT of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8AM CST, and I'll start another thread then to track progress.

They may say they are done, but we still hold out hopes that someone will "accidently" oops and hit the send all button..Also..BONUS WAVE

Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale MMO launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during Early Game Access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on Day One of Early Game Access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late July). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early December).

The question I know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

TL;DR - We've seen a LOT of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8AM CST, and I'll start another thread then to track progress.

I think what you meant to say was :

BONUS WAVE!BONUS WAVE!BONUS WAVE!BONUS WAVE!

Read the writing.

Relax, cook tomorrow's breakfast early, vacuum, dust. You know you'll get in tomorrow, so just prepare for it.

Twas the time before launch and all through the halls,

Not a dev was stirring not even the odd balls.

The pre-orders were placed, late, yes but still there,

In hopes that early access soon could be theirs!

The gamers were nestled all warm in their chairs,

with visions of lightsabers dancing in pairs.

And jedi in green and sith in red,

have just settled in for many hours of bloodshed!

When out from the server room came such a clatter,

Mr Reid jumped from his bar stool to see what was the matter.

Away from his whiskey he flew like a flash,

Tore open the case with a loud gasp.

The servers lit up with an odd blue glow,

and a rushing sound came up from below.

When what to his wondering eye would appear,

but a giant BONUS and a WAVE to its rear.

They already said it's not gonna happen in the official wave thread because there are too many recently purchased pre-orders to get in.

NEVER have I seen a dev say that something is not going to happen, and then have a change of heart.

Vice versa, frequently, sure.

They probably did this to organize the chaos.

Otherwise all our backed-up troll urges will splooge all over the forum instead of a dark pit of a thread that is writhing with the dark side.

Edited by Heckrix

Read the writing.

Relax, cook tomorrow's breakfast early, vacuum, dust. You know you'll get in tomorrow, so just prepare for it.

Accept your fate and die and you're fate shall decree sah!!! I shall deny my fate and die as my own choice decideth!!!...Also..BONUS WAVE

Hi there!

There is an active discussion thread for this topic (albeit not so super secret):

Bonus wave!!!!

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!

Awe they locked my super secret thread.