Gunslinger Sab/DF Hybrid PvP Spec

InZaneFlea

Hello all. I'm going to add a lot to this later, but I'm going to work shortly. I've been running with this spec for almost a month now, and it is simply the best that I have seen. There are very few times I'm not over 300k DMG in a WZ, and I believe my current highest (In 3/4 Champ gear, on a Huttball no less) is 426k.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700ZrI0bRRbRZGbbkr0h.1

Tell me what you all think. This will likely turn into a guide once I'm home from work tonight, but I'd love to get some initial impressions. This is how it works :

Shrap Bomb, Shock Charge, Vital Shot, Sabotage Charge, Illegal Mods, Speed Shot.

Toss in Flourish shot against heavy armors, Thermal grenades and flurry of bolts when your Dot's are up. Sabotage to detonate the Shock Charge every time it's up. You will very rarely run out of energy with Sabotage refreshing your Coolhead every minute. Also, you get Defense Screen twice as much, which saves you a LOT.

XS Freighter Flyby will crit for near 4k, and your flash grenade comes about a lot quicker. I theorycrafted a fairly consistent 1.3k-1.6k DPS over the first minute of a fight. I'll post some videos up later tonight as well.

You only have to go into cover for two abilities every minute or so, although aimed/charged bursts are always welcome if you have the energy.

Thoughts?

Pretty close to my spec.

I run 0/23/18, differences are I use a couple more Survivability talents -- Hotwired Defenses instead of Seize the Moment, Cool Under Pressure instead of Bravado, and Flash Powder instead of Cheap Shots.

It is definitely a heavy hitter on the AOE. Relic/Adrenal/Illegal Mods/XS Flyby to this day remains my favorite combo. Especially if you can Flash Grenade people inside it for the 2nd tick, or catch someone with a Speed Shot while the Mods are still up.

Edited by Legius

I went two in fighting spirit instead of seize the moment. the reduced cool down lets you rely less on sabotage and you'll get a handful of bonus energy from crit bleeds. seems to me like a better investment than a free sab charge. i seem to be able to spam grenades instead of having to worry about weaving in flurry of bolts in between other abilities.

other than that this is what i like to roll with. wounding shots is great burst dps, but i find i can live more/deal more damage over time/defend caps better by taking sabatoge and keeping cool head and defense screen popping.

I don't use wounding shots, not enough damage. Sabotage charge for free =15 energy, when you blow the contingency charges. And I don't feel like the Defense screen buff is worth it, they still blow through it in 2-3 shots. I've gone back and forth, and I feel like the free sabotage charge is well worth it. Sabo charge crits for upwards of 3.8k, that's my main damage dealer.