Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Madness Survivability in PvP

MexarCarn

I recently switched to Madness from Darkness and obviously we turn into little bundles of squishy stuff. So I was wondering does anyone have any tips for surviving in PvP?

Maybe some does and donts, gear recommendations?

I love the damage from Deathfield but getting in the thick of the fight as a melee ends up with my dead most of the time. I get 30+ kills and 200K+ damage but I'd like to stay out on the battlefield a bit longer!

Edited by MexarCarn

Madness' performance in pvp is highly contingent on your gear. Unfortunately the difference between low end and high end gear is pretty staggering in this game and unless you're running around with 40% buffed crit and 12% expertise madness won't be able to keep you alive through the onslaught of most people given gear levels these days.

Continuing on the assumption that you are undergeared (200k in a wz is pretty lacking) your best bet as far as specs go is darkness (31/0/10) which is easily the least gear-dependant.

That being said, we're the glass cannons in swtor. We stroll around in melee (lol) with light armor and no static barrier or anything similar to compensate. Expect two numbers to be higher than everyone else in a wz with similarly geared/skilled people: Damage and deaths.

That being said, we're the glass cannons in swtor.

Not entirely correct. We're glass cannons minus the cannons. Or at least the exact same cannons as everyone else gets. Name me a class that cannot hold its own against a Sin in a DPS race?

Burst? OPs easily beat us. Sustained? Maras EASILY beat us. Mix of burst and sustained? Mercs easily beat us. Heck, I'm pretty sure a Pyro PT will easily beat us in both burst and sustained AND 100% mobile to boot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.