Knife should be more in spotlight

weloveedu

As the topic title says.

Knife should be more in the spotlight.

Why?

For the operative's tree its their main weapon. I just think its weird that we are walking around with a gun in our hands while we barely use it. It would be alot better if we wield the knife while stealthing around.

Also, the knife shoud have a nice animation for this. At this point all vibro knifes have the same looks.

Now people come to me and say: The knife is a statstick. Well.., its not.

Its our main weapon, just like the jedi has their lightsaber and the trooper his gun. They have different animations and we have not? Thats weird?

Besides that, it has weapon damage on it which increases kinetic damage. Our shiv, backstab, or any other melee attack is based on kinetic damage. If we wear a knife with more weapon damage, our attacks do more damage. So NO, its not a statstick. And therefore it should be compared to other weapons, with great design and animations.

I think we can all agree that imperial agent's animations are overall poor compared to other classes.

Edited by weloveedu

its their main weapon.

Its our main weapon, just like the jedi has their lightsaber and the trooper his gun.

No... Just no. Our main weapon is our SMG. The knife is for specialty attacks, like our grenades.

Repeat after me: Ops are not Rogues. Ops are not Rogues. Ops are not Rogues. (and hopefully they never will be) Got it out of your system yet? Hope so.

Edited by Vaipyr

Besides that, it has weapon damage on it which increases kinetic damage. Our shiv, backstab, or any other melee attack is based on kinetic damage. If we wear a knife with more weapon damage, our attacks do more damage. So NO, its not a statstick. And therefore it should be compared to other weapons, with great design and animations.

All Knife attacks are tech attacks. While the damage type may be kinetic, it is still a tech attack, not a weapon attack. The damage from knife abilities is buffed purely from power and tech power. Higher level knives have more tech power on them. Thus you see a damage increase with higher level knives. The fact that the weapon damage is higher is irrelevant and purely cosmetic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.