The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Swapping specs endgame

Anrew

I'm currently slowly lvling a vanguard in a static and plan to go tanking. I am curious though when I eventually hit 50 with this character how hard is it to set up a dps spec and learning it for pvp or pve? I guess I'm more concerned pve just due to I'm guessing pvp gear wise I'll start with tank stuff.

Relatively it's not that hard. I would suggest using trash mob's and such to setup your UI/Hotkey bar a bit and get used to ideas/what feels good to you. As you will be moving/running around a lot and having the buttons in the right place/accessible to you is a huge key factor.

Tab-targeting will be a common and useful thing. Trust me.

Hmmmm. Other then that, before making the PvP plunge, take a look at some of the top Vanguard players around and see what they have for info. One of the most frequent to post ones on here is Taugrim. He always has really great info and can answer a lot of questions on his thread's. Just look up "taugrimtaugrim" if you want to find him in this forum subsection. Wait. I got better. Heres a link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=244885

Thanks. I've been reluctant to switch to dps on my sage even though its easier to medal. But I just have this fear of learning the tree atm. And it will probably be like that for every character. At least I'll get some group experience lvling in a static. I've never played a tank endgame in any mmo so will be something new. I will definitely check out that post though.