Input plz, thinking of switching over to Bodyguard from Arsenal - (PvP focused)

Kadin

I've come to the conclusion that I'm more of a hindrance to my guild as a DPS provider in our warzones that we tend to play a lot of. We seem to always be looking for healers, especially when none of ours are around. And even they're around, we always have more than one group generally queuing up so the more healers the better. Plus I just feel so useless in so many 1v1 matches and would like to support my team in a better way.

Here's my dilemma. My current Champ gear at 50 is in a state of flux as I made some bad choices initially and have done my best to try and turn them around. Will I be in decent shape to dish out some decent heals or will it be useless until I get Valor to 60 (56 atm) and get the correct BM set? Here's my current gear setup:

Head - Centurion Eliminator's

Boots - Centurion Eliminator's

Chest - Champ Eliminator's

Hands - Champ Eliminator's

Belt - Champ Eliminator's

Ear - Champ Eliminator's Adaptor

Pants - Champ Combat Tech

Wrists - Champ Combat Medic's

Main Hand - Champ Combat Medic's Blaster

Off Hand - Champ Combat Medic's Blaster

Relics x2 - Champ Relic of Forbidden Secrets (Increase Crit/Surge on Use)

Implants x2 - Champ Eliminator's Enhancers

Also forgot:

Rakata Reflex Stim / Rakata Critical Adrenal

Edited by Kadin

Appreciate the response. So to anyone else, given where I'm at gear-wise, would you make the switch now or continue on and hit BM and then gear up and make the switch later? I want to switch but... I want to be effective.

Also, would I have much of an obstacle trying to run heals in HM FP's? Not doing Ops yet. I've got a few Tionese pieces but no set stuff, etc.

My understanding is that I really want Crit/Surge in the 35%/85% range but I'm thinking that's at the BM level which clearly I'm not at. I'm only at about 30%/65% right now due to all the Eliminator gear. That's my big concern.

Edited by Kadin

Play both... In our guild we are low on healers I prefer to DPS and am one of the better in the guild but sometimes we need the heals. Not a great healer but I get the job done. After about a month of raiding Normal and 2 doing HM OPS other then some Rakata pieces I have my DPS gear set. I still get a lot of crap and now am focusing on getting a Healing set.

No dual specs so that can be annoying but respec costs are low enough it really isnt a big deal.