Heavy nerf to the Emperor's Fluffy Kitten incoming!

ZetsumeiKira

Just check it out:

http://www.oldrepublic.net/368-pts-patch-notes-1-1-3.html

General

-Surge rating has been re-balanced. It now reaches diminishing returns the same way as other damage ratings, and its per point damage contribution has been reduced by approximately 10%.

Ah I can already feel the Rage of people who have been using the Rage tree. Good thing I have my trooper oh and have fun not being able to kill anything in PvP with even less damage then ever before.

Just check it out:

http://www.oldrepublic.net/368-pts-patch-notes-1-1-3.html

General

-Surge rating has been re-balanced. It now reaches diminishing returns the same way as other damage ratings, and its per point damage contribution has been reduced by approximately 10%.

Ah I can already feel the Rage of people who have been using the Rage tree. Good thing I have my trooper oh and have fun not being able to kill anything in PvP with even less damage then ever before.

Oh, I'm sorry. My smash crits will now only do 5477 damage instead of 5.8k.

Our damage is reduced, sure. But our ability to kill? We've still got the best burst in the game, bar none.

Try 4k oh and battelemsater gear doesn't have a lot of surge if you haven't noticed. Well basically 0 unless your in to tanking.

As a geared battlemaster, I have to disagree with you there. You're losing about 7-8% overall surge (so 80 -> 73) or so. I re-mod all the gear I get anyway, base stats are terrible. You'll be completely fine

I never felt anywhere near fine. This game rewards ranged classes the most. If you jump in to a bunch of guys on Illum your dead. Same happens in a WZ and you need to get close anyway. So without a pocket healer survivability is low. Damage also falls wayy behind other classes. A smart healer or bh/trooper Will knock you back before the smash or get out of force choke to avoid buffing the enemy's potential. Some even run (force speed), knock back while force crush ends or before it ends and then they end up avoiding the damage. The only people who suffer are those who aren't careful or simply intelligent. That's why I just log on my warrior once a day to get the daily PvP done. Anything else is out of the question.

The class literally feels like a fluffy kitten. 5 minutes of being on my trooper is like a godly change from PvP hell to heaven. Great damage, survivability, knockbacks and heals. Best part is - no matter what spec you use it will get the job done.

Also this is not just a 10% nerf. Diminishing returns are a nightmare every fluffy kitten will soon experience.

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

Oh, I'm sorry. My smash crits will now only do 5477 damage instead of 5.8k.

Our damage is reduced, sure. But our ability to kill? We've still got the best burst in the game, bar none.

I don't know how you could believe this. Rage tree can be pretty solid burst damage, but it's not the best in the game. Also, it's not as controlled as Operatives simply by the nature of having to be built up.

I never felt anywhere near fine. This game rewards ranged classes the most. If you jump in to a bunch of guys on Illum your dead. Same happens in a WZ and you need to get close anyway. So without a pocket healer survivability is low. Damage also falls wayy behind other classes. A smart healer or bh/trooper Will knock you back before the smash or get out of force choke to avoid buffing the enemy's potential. Some even run (force speed), knock back while force crush ends or before it ends and then they end up avoiding the damage. The only people who suffer are those who aren't careful or simply intelligent. That's why I just log on my warrior once a day to get the daily PvP done. Anything else is out of the question.

The class literally feels like a fluffy kitten. 5 minutes of being on my trooper is like a godly change from PvP hell to heaven. Great damage, survivability, knockbacks and heals. Best part is - no matter what spec you use it will get the job done.

Also this is not just a 10% nerf. Diminishing returns are a nightmare every fluffy kitten will soon experience.

What level are you? My juggernaut absolutely destroys people left and right, no question asked.

that's a standard warzone. 220k damage in 8 minutes while guarding and getting objectives. Tell me that the class isn't useful, please. Knowing how to play the jugg is another thing. You always stun before a smash if possible

I wouldn't really compare our class using a video of a keyboard turning idiot... nice damage though.

It's a mix of mouse and keyboard. Depending on what part of the rotation I'm in, sometimes I keyboard turn or if it's not necessary to make huge turns. But yes, I'm not using mouse turns 100% of the time. However, you're saying the class can be used much better, correct? If so, then that means the class is ridiculously overpowered

Edited by dorkvid

What level are you?

Why are you asking a battlemaster about his level? And saying all those silly things like "stun" before smash lol as if I had backhand or something. The fluffy kitten only has a temporary CC in the form of a scream which brakes on damage. Nothing a good player can't avoid.

Btw you play against HORRIBLE OPPONENTS! I want them on my server. Or better yet what's the name of your server?

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

Why are you asking a battlemaster about his level? And saying all those silly things like "stun" before smash lol as if I had backhand or something. The fluffy kitten only has a temporary CC in the form of a scream which brakes on damage. Nothing a good player can't avoid.

Just curious, your OP didn't say you were a battlemaster. Now next - force charge? Choke then smash? AoE Stun? AoE Slow? Obliterate and chase? All of those will give you a way to easily smash people, if you have that much difficulty playing the class that's just sad man

Just curious, your OP didn't say you were a battlemaster. Now next - force charge? Choke then smash? AoE Stun? AoE Slow? Obliterate and chase? All of those will give you a way to easily smash people, if you have that much difficulty playing the class that's just sad man

No, no, no! That's all wrong!

You need to avoid:

1) Charge.

2) Choke.

3) Smash rotations.

What are you playing against? Monkeys? Well from the vid I guess I can see your playing against them...

When you use:

1) Charge.

The enemy uses:

1) Pushback/snare.

It often happens even before you reach the enemy. Like when you charge a trooper head on who has a Concussion Charge up.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4Ut9PB9/concussion-charge

For magic users it will be force wave and force slow.

Even when you get to start a force choke they use their CC barker and still gain distance.

Other classes have also a lot of other fine snaring CC abilities. Cryo Grenade (now that's a stun). Stock Strike when your specced for it and an entire arsenal they should use. If they don't use it their either monkeys who like to play bad or nearly brain dead players who should try something less complicated (that's why you see grav round spammers).

And I'll say it again. Your opponents are horrible! Totally clueless.

My opponents on Tomb of Freedon Nadd are often War Hero's. They don't let you get close if their ranged or wizards.

I'm lucky if I can.

1) Enrage.

2) Charge.

3) Force crush.

--- gets pushed back --- then if I'm lucky ---

4) Close gap again where Obliterate helps.

5) Get a smash before they activate any defensive ability.

There was even this one Sage who was literally toying with me. Always got the bubble up before each smash or force wave and would force speed out when he knew I couldn't get close to him and just healed himself up like crazy. It was literally ridiculous! This class is only good for killing super lame players or annoying the good ones.

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

No, no, no! That's all wrong!

You need to avoid:

1) Charge.

2) Choke.

3) Smash rotations.

What are you playing against? Monkeys? Well from the vid I guess can see your playing against them...

When you use:

1) Charge.

The enemy uses:

1) Pushback/snare.

It often happens even before you reach the enemy. Like when you charge a trooper head on who has Concussion Charge.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4Ut9PB9/concussion-charge

For magic users it will be force wave and force slow.

Even when you get to start a force choke they use their CC barker and still gain distance.

Other classes have also a lot of other fine snaring CC abilities. Cryo Grenade (now that's a stun). Stock Strike when your specced for it and an entire arsenal they should use. If they don't use it their either monkeys who like to play bad or nearly brain dead players who should try something less complicated (that's why you see grav round spammers).

And I'll say it again. Your opponents are horrible! Totally clueless.

My opponents on Tomb of Freedon Nadd are often War Hero's. They don't let you get close if their ranged or wizards.

I'm lucky if I can.

1) Enrage.

2) Charge.

3) Force crush.

There was even this one Sage who was literally toying with me. Always got the bubble up before each smash or force wave and would force speed out when he knew I couldn't get close to him and just healed himself up like crazy. It was literally ridiculous! This class is only good for killing super lame players or annoying the good ones.

Did you seriously just tell me to avoid using charge and smash? Oh lord, this is good. You're funny man, I laughed :)

Now, let's actually get into the discussion. People won't have their pushback available every CD. Also, your charge stuns. This means when you charge, you can immediately force crush while they're stunned, even if they use their stun-breaker. If they do use stun breaker and push you back, congrats - you're now entitled to a free stun because they can't break it. Next, once you crush, start spamming force push. Why? Well, you can push while you're flying back. And guess what? Push resets the CD on charge! Whoo! Then you charge back, they're out of their breaker and have no pushback = win.

I'm really hoping you're trolling telling me not to charge or smash, but I'm not entirely sure.

Did you seriously just tell me to avoid using charge and smash? Oh lord, this is good. You're funny man, I laughed :)

.... learn to read?

Now, let's actually get into the discussion. People won't have their pushback available every CD. Also, your charge stuns. This means when you charge, you can immediately force crush while they're stunned, even if they use their stun-breaker. If they do use stun breaker and push you back, congrats - you're now entitled to a free stun because they can't break it. Next, once you crush, start spamming force push. Why? Well, you can push while you're flying back. And guess what? Push resets the CD on charge! Whoo! Then you charge back, they're out of their breaker and have no pushback = win.

Wrong... just wrong... Charge is not a stun! It's an interrupt/snare with an extremely short duration. And you can't force crush until you land near that target. In the meantime you can get pushed back "during" the jump. Or stunned during the jump with a grenade. You can't use "force crush" in the middle of the jump. You must land first and you can get pushed back before your feet hit the ground.

KITTENS DON'T HAVE STUNS UNLESS IMMORTAL! What free crap is there? A temporary incapacitating CC effect that brakes on damage? That's not a stun read my previous message.

You also can't spamm force push it's on a 1minute CD about 47 seconds if talented. Also if your so happy force push resets force charge then you obviously should change servers. Force push is unpredictable at times. I use when I need a smash badly. It's the only sure way to get a quick smash while the enemy is getting up from the ground and can't move. But even that backfires if they have 2 pushbacks. And stock strike is a pushback with a 10 second CD. Get it?

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

What did I read incorrectly about that?

How about this:

1) Enrage.

2) Charge.

3) Force crush.

Because force choke is an interrupt and a channeled stun with damage. It's also on a 1 minute CD and less with talents. But still about 1 minute. Your telling me you'd just jump in to have it broken at start?

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

How about this:

1) Enrage.

2) Charge.

3) Force crush.

Because force choke is an interrupt and a channeled stun with damage. It's also on a 3 minute CD and less with talents. But still more then 1 minute. Your telling me you'd just jump in to have it broken at start?

Choke is on a 1 minute CD, 55 second with talents. I dunno what the hell you're talking about with the 3 min CD but I digress.

Would I use it right off hand? Yes, why not? Are you saving it for some special time? That's pointless. Burst is the name of the game in pvp. Unload, recharge, unload. Rinse and repeat. You don't "save" your skills (with exceptions like Unleash, that shouldn't be used unless you're about to die or you're full unstunnable upon unleash.)

Choke is on a 1 minute CD, 55 second with talents. I dunno what the hell you're talking about with the 3 min CD but I digress.

Would I use it right off hand? Yes, why not? Are you saving it for some special time? That's pointless. Burst is the name of the game in pvp. Unload, recharge, unload. Rinse and repeat. You don't "save" your skills (with exceptions like Unleash, that shouldn't be used unless you're about to die or you're full unstunnable upon unleash.)

Because you pissed me off and I started thinking about:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/b39iOqk/adrenaline-rush

And then got completely mixed up so I edited it.

And yes save it! When your playing against some lame player you don't have to. Wanna know my PvP situation?

1) You jump to a target.

2) Let's say you don't get pushed back during the jump or frozen.

3) You land by the guy.

4) You use Force Choke.

5) You get 1 single tick -boom!

6) Guy gets free, and pushes you back before the second tick.

What do you do next?

Because you pissed me off and I started thinking about:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/b39iOqk/adrenaline-rush

And then got completely mixed up so I edited it.

And yes save it! When your playing against some lame player you don't have to. Wanna know my PvP situation?

1) You jump to a target.

2) Let's say you don't get pushed back during the jump or frozen.

3) You land by the guy.

4) You use Force Choke.

5) You get 1 single tick -boom!

6) Guy gets free, and pushes you back before the second tick.

What do you do next?

You can't assume everyone will always break your stuns. Who's to say they won't break your charge's stun, and then you get a free choke? PvP is a game of reaction, not planning. You have to work your rotation based on how the other person reacts. I can't sit here and say "do this, this, and this for an easy win" because that's not how this game works. You charge, so what next? Well, that depends on what THEY do! For me, I'll almost always charge -> crush -> scream -> push -> charge -> adrenal + smash -> choke -> vicious throw. But that doesn't happen every time - in fact, far from it. You have to play the game smart and react.

You can't assume everyone will always break your stuns. Who's to say they won't break your charge's stun, and then you get a free choke? PvP is a game of reaction, not planning. You have to work your rotation based on how the other person reacts. I can't sit here and say "do this, this, and this for an easy win" because that's not how this game works. You charge, so what next? Well, that depends on what THEY do! For me, I'll almost always charge -> crush -> scream -> push -> charge -> adrenal + smash -> choke -> vicious throw. But that doesn't happen every time - in fact, far from it. You have to play the game smart and react.

Tell that to the people I face in PvP. Flawless timing. Extremely good reaction times. I don't even get to land by them unless they have their backs turned. If I come across a crappy player it's faceroll all the way. And ffs... charge does not stun... it does not stun. It's a temporary immobilizing effect and interrupt.

Both me and the other person react extremely fast. It's just that they can damage me at range and keep me snared in place or at a distance. Doesn't matter how smart you play if you can't get close.

Give it a try just go to the Tomb and try playing a warrior in a lvl 50 bracket. You'll hate it from day 1.

Same situation happened to one of my enemies who was a Warrior when I was playing trooper.

I had the high ground, he charged. Bang! Charge, pushed him back. Guy was in the open in huttball so I put 3 grav rounds threw him. That's an instant 55% armor loss on his part with AP rounds. He jumped back again. Charge was on CD so I used stock strike and pushed him back down. He died from other players on my team and then had a chat with me on general where he commented on my quick reaction and i encouraged him to get a BH.

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

Tell that to the people I face in PvP. Flawless timing. Extremely good reaction times. I don't even get to land by them unless they have their backs turned. If I come across a crappy player it's faceroll all the way. And ffs... charge does not stun... it does not stun. It's a temporary immobilizing effect and interrupt.

Both me and the other person react extremely fast. It's just that they can damage me at range and keep me snared in place or at a distance. Doesn't matter how smart you play if you can't get close.

Give it a try just go to the Tomb and try playing a warrior in a lvl 50 bracket. You'll hate it from day 1.

Same situation happened to one of my enemies who was a Warrior when I was playing trooper.

I had the high ground, he charged. Bang! Charge, pushed him back. Guy was in the open in huttball so I put 3 grav rounds threw him. That's an instant 55% armor loss on his part with AP rounds. He jumped back again. Charge was on CD so I used stock strike and pushed him back down. He died from other players on my team and then had a chat with me on general where he commented on my quick reaction and i encouraged him to get a BH.

My bad. It is an immobilization effect and an interrupt. However, it serves the same purpose as a stun for this situation - they are rooted.

If they're that good, please, by all means take a video and show me. I do not believe that a well played jugg will lose that badly. I won't get into personal stories because then it's just an e-peen flexing contest and until you start putting up videos, I will take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Anyway - this conversation is getting off topic. If you want to discuss the validity of warriors pvp post-nerf, make another thread. For purposes of this thread, the warrior is still perfectly viable in pvp even after the slight loss in DPS.

I also thing one of the reasons we're at odds here is you play a marauder, while I play a juggernaut.

My bad. It is an immobilization effect and an interrupt. However, it serves the same purpose as a stun for this situation - they are rooted.

And they can still stun you in flight. Barely make a 10m flight... stunned... 20m before target... and about to get a heart attack every time it happens and it happens often.

If they're that good, please, by all means take a video and show me. I do not believe that a well played jugg will lose that badly. I won't get into personal stories because then it's just an e-peen flexing contest and until you start putting up videos, I will take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Anyway - this conversation is getting off topic. If you want to discuss the validity of warriors pvp post-nerf, make another thread. For purposes of this thread, the warrior is still perfectly viable in pvp even after the slight loss in DPS.

I also thing one of the reasons we're at odds here is you play a marauder, while I play a juggernaut.

I don't even know how to make a vid. I'd have to have the tools. In the morning hours any newbie team on imperial side gets owned... and owned hard. You see people with those black sabers everywhere and you just know it won't be pretty.

Just saying a warrior never was viable. Just play another class to level 10 like a BH. I grantee you'll see the difference right away.

And they can still stun you in flight. Barely make a 10m flight... stunned... 20m before target... and about to get a heart attack every time it happens and it happens often.

I don't even know how to make a vid. I'd have to have the tools. In the morning hours any newbie team on imperial side gets owned... and owned hard. You see people with those black sabers everywhere and you just know it won't be pretty.

Just saying a warrior never was viable. Just play another class to level 10 like a BH. I grantee you'll see the difference right away.

Well, I have a lvl 50 sorc and a lvl 50 merc. Both of them definitely have their perks, but I still love my jugg to death. After while I'll upload videos of me 1v1ing every single AC, multiple times, to show that juggs have no issue whatsoever with taking people out. The only class out there that is difficult for me to kill are Commando healers (and imp equivalents, ofc), Lethality snipers, and a well-geared marauder. I can pull about 50/50 win rate against them, depending on RNG.

You can love your Jugg all you want. After 2 wins in WZ's so far... in 3 hours... I feel like stabbing someone to death. Who cares about 11 medals? I sure don't. I only care about the gear bag and the class sucks. Got basically kited to death again. Before that 15 sec CD ends I'm basically the walking freekill.

Try playing against someone good for a change. Beating fail players doesn't count. Like today in that 600 to 0 civil war. Idiotic rep players running around not really knowing what their doing. Didn't even try to kite me. Just sat there spamming the flying rocks and grav round. Pathetic. I can't wait to just finish the daily and be done with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.