Known Issues List: Commando.

Kiphere

(Note: Optimally this would be stickied, I will volunteer to maintain it)

I'm creating this thread specifically to list known bugs, faction mirror discrepencies, and primary 'concerns' people have with the Commando AC.

Any issues listed here should be specific to the Commando AC, not general issues that effect multiple or all classes.

Some examples of Commando Issues:

Bugs in the story line.

Ability activation not matching our faction mirror (Mercenary)

companion issues (I know this is 'class' not 'ac' related but we'll make an exception)

Equipment stat weighting concerns

Abilties not matching tooltips.

Etc.

This is specifically for "Commando" issues, not general game issues. Please keep it constructive and positive. I've been a part of many MMO communities and find that a positive and consolidated source of feedback from the community tends to effect faster and more satisfactory responses from the developers. Thank you for your contribution, I will keep this as up to date as possible using my last post in the thread as my "pointer" for where I look for new issues being posted.

Bugs, Errors, Broken.

(Items on this list are actual errors in the game, bugs, glitches, broken mechanics, things not working as advertised, etc.)

1) Unclear map indicators on how to get to Vik on The Gauntlet.

2) Falling through the bridges on The Gauntlet.

3) "Need To Impress" quest bugs out on dialogue options. Never progresses regardless of when you return to the NPC. (note: apears to be resolved in 1.1.3, will verify and remove from list once the patch is live. Need to Impress: Resolved a dialogue issue with Ambassador Jannik that blocked progress in this mission. )

4) "Commando" labeled PVP gear is actually stat weighted more for vanguard. Naming confusion can lead to loss of resources purchasing the wrong gear.

5) Assault Plastique (31 point Assault tree Ability) is indeed an upgrade to Sticky it is supposed to hit multiple opponents, currently only effects 1 target.

6) Auto-attack (Hammer Shot) has the same icon as the mercenary auto attack.

7) Almost all of the quest reward weapons for Elara are green with mods/enhancements and have cunning instead of aim.

Merc/Com Balance issues.

(Items on this list are discrepencies between the Mercenary AC and the Commando AC in terms of effectiveness and balance)

1. Mortar Volley and Death From Above have dramatically different activation times. Primary concern is with PVP but it effects reactionary PVE as well (trying to snag melee enemies in the knockdown rather than having them run out of the AOE before it actually triggers)

General Balance issues.

(Items on this list are percieved imbalances between the Commando and other ACs in general)

1) Forced to use specific companions on certain quests. Unsure if this is for all ACs or just commando. Concern is over having to equip and adjust play style for specific companions we may not usually use.

2) "Reflex" item modifications are a level or more behind the other options on commendation vendors.

3) Commando has no interupt ability.

Edited by Kiphere

the main story line when you get to voss and can't get by the conversation with the commander/sith/voss guy (forget the name of the mission) but it's the main story line and the conversation just keeps repeating itself no matter when you go back.

Bugs, Errors, Broken.

(Items on this list are actual errors in the game, bugs, glitches, broken mechanics, things not working as advertised, etc.)

3) Not a bug, but a complaint: The Trooper main storyline (not the Companion specific quests you get based on level/affection) has at least two points where you are forced to use specific Companions. I don't know about other main stoyline quests, but the Smuggler one does not do this. This, to me, is disruptive to gameplay because it forces you to gear up additional companions and change the way you play to accommodate the mechanics of these companions.

Edited by Meuwdy

the main story line when you get to voss and can't get by the conversation with the commander/sith/voss guy (forget the name of the mission) but it's the main story line and the conversation just keeps repeating itself no matter when you go back.

can some one give me the quest name for this one? It'll make it easier to list. Thanks.

Bugs, Errors, Broken.

3) Not a bug, but a complaint: The Trooper main storyline (not the Companion specific quests you get based on level/affection) has at least two points where you are forced to use specific Companions. I don't know about other main stoyline quests, but the Smuggler one does not do this. This, to me, is disruptive to gameplay because it forces you to gear up additional companions and change the way you play to accommodate the mechanics of these companions.

This happens in other classes too. Sometimes you only need the companion for certain conversations and you can simply switch after the conversation.

This happens in other classes too. Sometimes you only need the companion for certain conversations and you can simply switch after the conversation.

True, but there are at least two (one being The Gauntlet) where you are forced to use specific Companions for combat, rather than just summoning the right person for conversations. I'm not sure if other classes are put into situations where they have to jump through the hoops Troopers do. If Smugglers are just lucky with not having to deal with that then it's a bonus for them, but overall I don't think this is something that makes a lots of sense mechanic-wise.

Another issue that probably isn't specific to our Class but annoys the hell out of me:

The icon which indicates your companion wants to talk on your ship pops up intermittently and then disappears again. When this happens, the companion doesn't wish to speak with you so I'm assuming this icon pops up when it shouldn't.

Demolition Round is affected by the Grav Round stacks from anyone. So by stacking Gunnery Commandos, you can get ridiculous Demolition Round numbers.

proof? only seen some post of someone 'claiming' as such, but havent seen any proof myself after testing.

Back on track : Currently Assault Plastique for the Assault Tree is a single target dmg grenade, however after someone reported it, it was said this is a bug, and should hit multiple targets, just like sticky grenade which it is an upgrade from supposedly.

(see thread in vanguard forums about this)

proof? only seen some post of someone 'claiming' as such, but havent seen any proof myself after testing.

I've seen it happen in WZs where I've played with other Gunnery Commandos. I imagine it would be easier to get enough stacks for it to be really apparent on a PvE boss mob.

I've seen it happen in WZs where I've played with other Gunnery Commandos. I imagine it would be easier to get enough stacks for it to be really apparent on a PvE boss mob.

And that's the problem here, i keep seeying these "personal accounts" of this happening, but when you ask for proof, nada.

And that's the problem here, i keep seeying these "personal accounts" of this happening, but when you ask for proof, nada.

What more than personal accounts do you think you're going to get? If you're looking for combat logs, you're going to be out of luck.

What more than personal accounts do you think you're going to get? If you're looking for combat logs, you're going to be out of luck.

screenshots, frapsed movies or the sorts, shouldnt be too hard.

Shouldnt be hard, grab 4 Mando's each gunnery grab a mob with alot of HPs (force ghost on Ilum perhaps?) each Mando throws only 3 x Grav on the mob which should give a totall of 4 x 5 stacks of Grav, and 1 person unleash the supposed DEMO ROUND OF DOOOOOM.

Untill then this stays in the realm of conjecture, luckily i have faith in the devs and their ability to test and pull numbers.

More of a pita than an issue:

At certain points in the story, especially between chapters or near the close of chapters, general Garza needs you to go all the way to Coruscant just to tell you things she could have told you via holocall.

Seems innocuous but at one point, for example, you have to go to Coruscant, then fleet, then right back to Coruscant again. Why? At least shuffle it up and have us meet her somewhere else for a change.

Depending on where you are, a trip to Coruscant then trip to next planet/back to where you were can soak up 10 minutes of just running around and loading. What a waste of time!

After failing bonus objective "Stay Frosty" in the class quest on Commander Tavus's ship you can never abandon the quest.

Abandoning quests is a known issue for the game not just commando. Gonna leave it off the list but I've seen it mentioned on the dev tracker as an issue they're aware of so it'll get fixed eventually.

Another issue that probably isn't specific to our Class but annoys the hell out of me:

The icon which indicates your companion wants to talk on your ship pops up intermittently and then disappears again. When this happens, the companion doesn't wish to speak with you so I'm assuming this icon pops up when it shouldn't.

Known issue across the game, should be fixed soon. Not a commando issue so leaving it off the list.

Demolition Round is affected by the Grav Round stacks from anyone. So by stacking Gunnery Commandos, you can get ridiculous Demolition Round numbers.

I've attempted to recreate this myself with no luck. I'm not saying your wrong but between me and a number of my commando friends I'm just not seeing it happen, perhaps there are special conditions that make it happen? Until we can actually say "This happens" I don't feel comfortable putting it on a 'known' bug list.

Perhaps get some tests together and verify the conditions in which it occurs?

At certain points in the story, especially between chapters or near the close of chapters, general Garza needs you to go all the way to Coruscant just to tell you things she could have told you via holocall.

Seems innocuous but at one point, for example, you have to go to Coruscant, then fleet, then right back to Coruscant again. Why? At least shuffle it up and have us meet her somewhere else for a change.

Depending on where you are, a trip to Coruscant then trip to next planet/back to where you were can soak up 10 minutes of just running around and loading. What a waste of time!

Happens to everyone. I've 9 characters past 25 now and all the primary quest givers make you run around for no freaking reason. While annoying, not a "known" commando bug so out of the scope of this thread. Thank you all for being constructive thus far. Lets keep things that way and get some attention for our class.

I'd like to hear some balance concerns as well, especially from our healer types. thats one tree I've not messed with yet on my Merc or Commando so I have no experience with it.

Edited by Kiphere