The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new 50 here... where do i get tanking gear?

xioix

So I powerleveled my way from about L40 to L50 (just got tired of all the running/pointless quests) so now I'm wearing high L30 gear even though I'm L50. I checked the GTN last night and about 98% of the gear that I can buy has either Power or Crit Rating which is useless to me as a PvE tank. I tried checking the mods section of the GTN but there are only 2 enhancements that I can buy which has tanking stats; the rest once again are for DPS. I would like to start doing HM FPs which is why I would like to start gearing up.

Thanks!

Start doing your dailies on Ilum and Belsavis. You can buy purple mods for all your orange stuff for 8 daily comms each. You can also buy a nice purple barrel for 8 dailies.

You could also do pvp for bags, 800 comms per bag. The pvp armor is a good stepping stone to pve stuff.

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/farming/empire/dailies.cfm

Edited by Teche

Start doing your dailies on Ilum and Belsavis. You can buy purple mods for all your orange stuff for 8 daily comms each. You can also buy a nice purple barrel for 8 dailies

This. You'll make 140k+ per day from dailies, plus the mods from the 3 heroics. I personally use modded gear for my PvP set and mastercraft level 49 purples for my tanking gear. In the time it takes to get the PvP gear you can get 2 sets of PvE gear (modded DPS and buy the tank set) and be better off all around, IMO