VOSS: not really polished story. contradictions.

zandadoum

INCLUDES MINOR SPOILERS

it's the second character i complete all of voss quests.

on my bounty hunter i already noticed some things, but now on my trooper it's worse:

1) the whole reason i go to voss is to convince a politician to let all our troops go, because we need them. we're talking hundrets or maybe tausends of troops?

2) then when landing i meet a squad of troopers begging me to get them off the planet coz they're bored.

3) the politician tells me that as voss is neutral we can't take direct action against imperials.

<snip> so far so good. no problem till here... but now the thing starts to get stupid

4) all over voss i have to fight beasts and gormak and imperials. i get this missions from the politician and even from the voss themselves. wasn't this suposed to be a covert op?

5) i wipe out small camps that i alone with my companion can clear out. WHERE ARE THE TAUSENDS OF TROOPS i am suposed to bring back? they couldnt storm the place? this stopped being a covert op long ago, so why not send 100 troopers to do the job and not in small squads that get themselves stupidly killed all the time, but in a huge big group.

6) then i am done with the planet. i bring peace to voss. the voss will stop killing gormaks and i am about to leave the planet when i get the bonus missions... which are 99% killing gormak? lol?

and this is only ONE example of planet and contradictions...

200M. $ and BW could not do it right?

Edited by zandadoum

Yeah, Voss was where I hit level 50 (trooper). The planet is a mess. My biggest complaint is it seems like the story is over as soon as I get there! I do a couple quick missions in the southern half of the planet (don't even explore the rest) and my class quests were already over! Granted I have the bonus missions to finish. Just seems like they were setting you up for a big story, and next thing you know you run one mission for the politician and it's over.

:(

Funny... I had the same exact thought on my Trooper. I just finished Voss last night and was about to leave thinking I'd done a fine job bringing peace to the planet (I agree about the astoundingly non covert, covert op but let it slide) when I hit the bonus series on the way out.

"Huh? Wait... you want me to what? But... listen Jedi man, I just finished making peace here, wouldn't this, ya know... restart the civil war?!? Really? Well heck, I guess that's why I'm just a grunt, I obviously don't understand these things..." lol