1.1.3 Surge Nerf

ZapBrannagan

It is fair. It works in everyone's favor.

It is unfair to others that don't use the surge rating since their rating is lower by 10 percent... BUT it is UNFAIR to smugglers because supposedly we got balanced by nerfing shootfirst & fletchette but are now getting a 10 percent broad nerf to bring us below others without giving something back. SO either their balancing process has an error rate of 20 percent or they can't add.

everyone shake your head and walk away & roll sorc imp because bw is the child that got left behind.

Flechette armor pen down 50% to 30%, Shoot First dmg was reduced 20%. Now Surge dmg down 10%. For a dps class relies heavy on crit+surge like sco, it is really really big deal. BW does not like burst. Ok, i can deal with it! But where is our sustain dps in compensate?

It is unfair to others that don't use the surge rating since their rating is lower by 10 percent... BUT it is UNFAIR to smugglers because supposedly we got balanced by nerfing shootfirst & fletchette but are now getting a 10 percent broad nerf to bring us below others without giving something back. SO either their balancing process has an error rate of 20 percent or they can't add.

everyone shake your head and walk away & roll sorc imp because bw is the child that got left behind.

I brought all of this stuff up into my thread I wrote. I spoke about this VERY thing - Critical Damage. I was right on point with it. No one listened.

Now they are seeing the bigger picture, because Surge (Critical Amplifier) is also effecting Healing - which is a massive problem. Our job as Scrappers was to take those guys out. Once they nerfed us, we were no longer able to keep healing in check. So everyone is going nuts with it.

They should have nerfed Surge before they did ANYTHING. Now, you have 2 mirror AC's that were nerfed for no reason (we all knew it, and shame on those people who said we needed it - you know who you are) and 2 more mirror ACs that got buffed, and didn't need it.

They're going to have to undo all of that. There's no way around it. The problem with Heals is going to be somewhat reduced because the other AC's will be able to deal with it... but we will literally be hosed. We're already the worst class... this is going to put us in the coffin.

I'm pretty sure BW is coming around though... they've caught the real problem. They'll have to buff us. Let's hope they do the right thing.

every class uses surge. It's less of a nerf and more of an indirect buff to tanks since damage will be *slightly* decreased. Truly not a big deal.

If you actually play a Scoundrel/Operative then you'll know how important surge and burst is to the class. We have gone from the class people aim for because of fear to a class that people aim because we're easy prey. This, apart from the earlier 20% opener dmg and 20% armor pen nerf, is going to hurt us more than any other class.

From what it seems, BW is just taking the easy way out by nerfing everyone's surge. Sure, grav round/tracer will seem less painful on crit, maybe a JK/SW cleave won't hurt as much but c'mon that isn't the way to do things.

Everyone knew surge was the problem from the get go.

All I can say is, bout time? Maybe we can get our armor pen and shoot first damage back now?

People were saying how broken surge was even in beta. As usual, no one listened, and this class is going to suffer for it. It's nice that it's a broad nerf to everyone instead of just us this time, but with our previous nerfs already it poops on us more than everyone else.

How about they nerf 20% on Projects, shadow strikes, force sweeps, tracers/heatseekers/gravs/demo rounds/railshots/HiBs, etc so the other classes can see the position that we're in so they can see what we're complaining about.

I'd say hey just buff us to compensate, but I doubt that'll happen. Espeically with the sophisticated 'metrics' that bioware uses in their 'balancing act'.

Just to be clear, I think the surge nerf is a fantastic idea. This is what should have happened BEFORE the shoot first nerf, before the Flechette Round nerf. Should have happened with the consumable nerf and absolutely no one would be whining.

Everyone knew surge was the problem from the get go.

All I can say is, bout time? Maybe we can get our armor pen and shoot first damage back now?

People were saying how broken surge was even in beta. As usual, no one listened, and this class is going to suffer for it. It's nice that it's a broad nerf to everyone instead of just us this time, but with our previous nerfs already it poops on us more than everyone else.

How about they nerf 20% on Projects, shadow strikes, force sweeps, tracers/heatseekers/gravs/demo rounds/railshots/HiBs, etc so the other classes can see the position that we're in so they can see what we're complaining about.

I'd say hey just buff us to compensate, but I doubt that'll happen. Espeically with the sophisticated 'metrics' that bioware uses in their 'balancing act'.

Just to be clear, I think the surge nerf is a fantastic idea. This is what should have happened BEFORE the shoot first nerf, before the Flechette Round nerf. Should have happened with the consumable nerf and absolutely no one would be whining.

Their balancing method seems to be retarded... Obviously surge is important to some classes more then others.... so flat out cut without giving something back seems illogical. I wish we had combat log etc so we can provide them with numbers and math because clearly they can't do it.

Also give up hope of ever getting anything back. BW seems to be want to have everyone play sorcerors and run around bubbling each other. Of all the classes that got buffed the watchman spec for jk was retarded.

Off to roll a sage with a guildy.

What would you rather me use as scrapper accuracy or alacrity?

lol

+1...

if you didn't want people to take the surge mods from their duplicate token gear and put them into their pvp gear BW you are retarded... why wouldn't you allow us to optimize our gear. Did you want everyone to just wear the same gear they get with same base stats...

if your stacking surge over power>crit then your severly mistakin about the scoundrel

The way stats work its go with more End or more Cunning.

Go with more Crit or more Power

Go with more Surge or more Acc or Alacrity.

I cant trade in my Crit/Surge or Power/Surge enchantments for Crit/Power ones...

Actually have a look at the way it reads.

It does not state that it will lower your base surge, so it will remain at 50%.

"It will lower the per point contribution by 10%". That reads to me, that if i have enough surge (about 220 surge points give or take) to reach 80% (giving a bonus of 30% surge), those 220 surge points will provide 10% less surge. That means instead of getting 30% bonus, i will get a 27% bonus.

This is not that big a nerf guys, and it affects everyone. They obviously felt that surge was a little too easy to stack, so are making a small change that affects all classes. It you want high surge, it will still be easily attainable.

I cant trade in my Crit/Surge or Power/Surge enchantments for Crit/Power ones...

Exactly... But apparently bringing the reality of gear choices up around some people is a "mistake"

myt bad i was reffering to healing scoundrel forgot to post htat in my comment lol my bad :)

Since there is a softcap on Surge, in fact this change will be relatively beneficial for us scrappers. Since we can't trade surge for crit or power, and don't give a **** about alacrity/accuracy, we ended up with TOO MUCH surge. We can definitely take this nerf without any problem. The nerf will be felt more by classes who were stacking both surge and ala/accu. Edited by leLoir