Blaster Augs - Worth the point?

Terrorshard

I'm specced 31 in assault as vanguard. I have 5 in Tactics. Is it worth it to put the 6th in Blaster Augs? What exactly is Tech crit, is that just regular crit? does it increase my crit by 3%? The last point is either that or the 3rd point in intimidation for the 2% more elemental damage.

If he's x/6/31 Assault, he's not using Ion Cell in most situations.

Yes, it's worth it. Burnout gives you the same crit bonus- for THREE talent points instead of the 1 it costs for Blaster Augs.

I am curious why you think Blaster Augs is a waste when you use Ion Cell. It increases Ion Cell damage by 8%, according to the tooltip. I believe that refers to the "15% chance to deal 253 energy damage" on all ranged attacks. Wouldn't that help hold aggro? For just 1 point, it seems useful to me, but I am willing to be educated...

I am curious why you think Blaster Augs is a waste when you use Ion Cell. It increases Ion Cell damage by 8%, according to the tooltip. I believe that refers to the "15% chance to deal 253 energy damage" on all ranged attacks. Wouldn't that help hold aggro? For just 1 point, it seems useful to me, but I am willing to be educated...

Because 8% is hardly noticeable and it's not just 1 point for blaster augs; you have to spend five points to even get there which, for a tank, would be better spent in Shield Spec.

Plus, as a tank, you'll be running up Shield Spec anyways and can pick up a 25% damage boost to Ion Cell's proc for 1 point.

And all of that aside, the Ion Cell damage proc is currently broken anyways and only doing 25% of it's listed damage so no one should be picking up skills which increase the damage of Ion Cell's proc until that's fixed.

Edited by Cavadus

It's one of the talents that could use some minor tweaks tbh. For Plasma and High Energy Cell it's great and well worth it if you want to spend some points in the tactics tree anyway, the boni apply to all tech attacks ( Plasma - other than HiB pretty much all important attacks for Assault ) or all internal/elemental damage ( high energy - Tactics is focused around them and they are the most desirable damage types to start with ).

The bonus to Ion Cell is unbelievably terrible though. Even if the DoT would be working properly an 8% increase to a minor damage 15% chance proc on ranged attacks ( +100% on Shockstrike if specced ) is just really really bad.

Edited by Blurps