should I save crystals and commendations just to rip out crit/surge enhancements?

DarkenDragon

with how much accuracy there is on the Tier 1.x gear, and how much I dont need it. should I just save up my commendation and crystals to spend on the gear with the crit/surge enhancements on them so I can rip them out and put it into my eliminator gear?

and just pray that i get the drops in the FPs?

with how much accuracy there is on the Tier 1.x gear, and how much I dont need it. should I just save up my commendation and crystals to spend on the gear with the crit/surge enhancements on them so I can rip them out and put it into my eliminator gear?

and just pray that i get the drops in the FPs?

Your dps will be less than it could be if you're not using all crit/surge to marks, but in no way are you non-functional. The content is pretty easy, even if you just grab the gear as is.

Also, nothing in the Tionese tier Armor for any class has crit/surge on it. I didn't check the weapons, since saving for those is a waste of time.

Your best bet if you're really looking to swap out the mods is to just run a ton of HM's and the NM Operations. Get doubles of the Columi gear, buy one set of Eliminator, and replace the mods/enchs with stuff ripped out of the Combat Medic gear. It sucks a bit, but min/maxing is a long project anyway.

Your dps will be less than it could be if you're not using all crit/surge to marks, but in no way are you non-functional. The content is pretty easy, even if you just grab the gear as is.

Also, nothing in the Tionese tier Armor for any class has crit/surge on it. I didn't check the weapons, since saving for those is a waste of time.

Your best bet if you're really looking to swap out the mods is to just run a ton of HM's and the NM Operations. Get doubles of the Columi gear, buy one set of Eliminator, and replace the mods/enchs with stuff ripped out of the Combat Medic gear. It sucks a bit, but min/maxing is a long project anyway.

aren't the combat medic head and hands crit/surge?

i coulda swore it was

but i wouldnt waste my time, get columi and vendor your tionnese

seems like all the gear has the same set up of mods and enhancements, the best i can find is accuracy and crit, which is still better I'd think for mercs since we need that crit to keep our sustain up right?

without the crits our heat will just overheat all the time

seems like all the gear has the same set up of mods and enhancements, the best i can find is accuracy and crit, which is still better I'd think for mercs since we need that crit to keep our sustain up right?

without the crits our heat will just overheat all the time

People exaggerate our heat problems in the 25-30% crit range. Heat management is functional, just not crazy-easy. Unless you're below 25% crit and without the 2set bonus, your heat management(and DPS) will be good enough for HM Flashpoints and Normal Ops, where you can start getting the gear to move towards 30-35%.

The 30-35% unbuffed area is the ideal, not the minimum.

I just realized, if you dont plan on picking up the pvp gear, its probably easier to just farm PVP commendations and just pick up the centurion's pants to just get the acc/crit enhancements instead eh? that way we can keep our crit chance high and not sacrafice the crystals or commendations which I find is fairly difficult to obtain (our server lacks lone tanks to make groups with so its difficult to get a group going)

I just realized, if you dont plan on picking up the pvp gear, its probably easier to just farm PVP commendations and just pick up the centurion's pants to just get the acc/crit enhancements instead eh? that way we can keep our crit chance high and not sacrafice the crystals or commendations which I find is fairly difficult to obtain (our server lacks lone tanks to make groups with so its difficult to get a group going)

those enhancements are a lower level than the champ gear or columi... if you are not getting pvp gear your goal is rakata with columi as a close second.