The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PUncture and Super Heated Rail are they worth it

Moondancerbb

I honestly dont see a difference in rail shot either with the 90% arp, but you'd have to test that out yourself. The proc effect works beautifully though and it's a must to spec into regardless whether the 30% arp works or not.

I honestly dont see a difference in rail shot either with the 90% arp, but you'd have to test that out yourself. The proc effect works beautifully though and it's a must to spec into regardless whether the 30% arp works or not.

YOu really don't see a difference? Heh

Go to Illum. Pick a fight with a Tauntaun.

Look at your tooltips for both Rocket Punch and Railshot, note the damage. (For me is was 1750-1800 for rocket punch, 1695-1938 for railshot)

Rocketpunch hits the tauntaun for 1367, 1369, 1364

Railshot hits tauntaun for 1850, 1842, 1765

Railshot is doing almost exactly as much damage as the tooltip states (as we would expect with 90% armor pen), whereas rocket punch (fully mitigated by armor) is obviously being mitigated to a large degree. This effect would be even more pronounced in crits.

90% arpen is what allows railshot to consistently crit over 5k when i'm adrenal'd up when the tooltip for railshot only says a max top end of 2345... 126% crit multiplier

Edited by ericdjobs

what kind of gear are you wearing that your getting that kind of crit on rail shot?

Surge and Power, and then the expertise boost would do the trick. Depends on how squishy the target is, though. Pyrotech tree also gets a +30% crit damage on rail shot, and +9% more dmg when the target is burning.

Edited by Auhfel

what kind of gear are you wearing that your getting that kind of crit on rail shot?

I'm in a mix of Columi and Rakata (2pc rakata, rest columi, exotech legs)

I have the 4pc bonus, which adds a significant chunk of damage on to railshot (removing the 4pc bonus drops the tooltip down about 150 damage.. the bonus is 8% damage on railshot)

I get 5k+ railshots with trinket/adrenal active.

I collect other classes columi tokens to gank the enhancements out of them to fix the itemization on our set gear.

IE: Agent headpiece has a +surge/+power (48 surge/32 power) enhancement that is MUCH better for us than the accuracy ones that come with our gear.

I also have crit crafted Reflex Nano-optic enhancers (The aim/power/accuracy/crit/surge) with +aim augments (because I pick up the 9% aim bonus from the shieldtech tree) Crit crafted ear piece

This is PvE but I get some 5k+ railshots in this raid encounter with adrenal/trinket up

(easiest one to spot is @ 15-16 seconds in)

If you'll also notice in that video ROcket Punch is critting for what, 3.3-3.4k? THe tooltip for rocket punch is about a 100 damage difference from railshot.. says something like 1832-1877 damage whereas railshot is 1700-1989 or something like that... yet railshot crits for 5k while rocket punch is critting for 3.5k

That's the armor penetration at work.

Edited by ericdjobs