marauders should have a healer spec!

naitee

no just no... A tanking spec I could perhaps understand but it'd mean that there is no difference between Juggernaut and Marauder... healing wouldn't make any sense at all, even Berserk healing AoE on bleeds while in jugo form is a little far-fetched. Warriors are at the end of the day, warriors, we are not healers.

I wouldn't mind a more utility/buff/debuff based tree spec however, we already have a few buffs we gain via attacking by using fury and we have a couple of debuffs that use rage but it's not something that in itself is really game changing. There is a few ways it could be done but I'd rather have bioware fix a few more obvious issues first before looking into that, more so with balancing the classes more.

Edited by nonumbers

oh and mercenaries have a beautiful history as medics on red cross...that's why make sense all the bh merc healing..

Mercenaries isn't a specific role like a warrior is, a Mercenary is simply a hired arm or army; Even mercenary armies occasionally hired medics.

I'm not a merc bh but it seems they have a complex roll of controlling adds and kicking in dps in fights, being able to take a tank for a small amount of time should it be needed or helping the healer gain ground on heals.

On the Maur havnig heal stuff like this. . . .No. . .just no. You are in the wrong class heals are in that one over there ===>

I think that annihilation should stay as is. Its been nerfed a bit but it's still in a reasonable place. What i think needs changing is the 3 DPS tree idea. Ultimately, the set items prevent you from diverting down a path of interest and experimentation, its very much a linear, get armour set XYZ and you're done. We should have:

PVE/PVP DPS spec, which is annihilation, to me atleast, this works well, and i can practically solo anybody in equal gear i may come across unless i get blasted off a ledge and have charge on CD.

PVE Buff spec, Now I've had a long think about how to make this work, and the only really very different thing that i can come up with is that the mara itself wouldnt deal much damage but would instead empower all those around it, boosting their attack damage, it would generate rage from others attacks aswell (perhaps dropping an aoe and for every 1000 damage done in that area, 1 rage is created) Rage would be used on ranged attacks (mid range 20m) which would give an "empowered assault" buff to allies, further buffing their damage/healing/defence depending on whats needed. The mara would also have lots of short CD debuffs to use that equally only last a short time, like blind, weakness, frailty etc, that last only a few seconds, but still encourage the button bashing madness that we are all used to. Frenzy/beserk would be done away with in this tree and instead replaced by a "charge" system that powers the maras short term buff/debuffs.

Of course that idea needs thinking out properly, its just a light in the dark. But its a viable alternative to give us some much needed love in a game which hates, and i mean absolutely despises melee classes.

PvP spec, well this should be rage, no doubt, a pure survivalist come BIG BURST tree with very little sustained damage should be left to rage. Useless in PvE but very good for Pvping with.

most of you guys are missing the point.. the point is, mercs and sorcs can heal, AND they can DPS and do it arguably better.

"but you have to SPEC to be able to heal, and gear yourself out" --yeah but you can still heal in a pinch, and that is better than nothing. Plus with enough play time you can have multiple sets of gear as I have had with past MMOs.

Edited by HBninjaX

I rolled a marauder specifically because it's a pure DPS class that fits my playstyle. I don't know why so many people are begging for Tank/Heal specs. Quit being stupid and reroll to one of the MANY MANY tanking or healing spec classes.

Because...of...this...the...lack...of...another...spec...is...boring....I...can....get....on....top...very....fast...and...can't...have...fun...with...pve...options...while...I'm...not....raiding....

then you ar in the wrong class. Besides Maura is complex to play it. If it is boaring to you then you are prolly in the wrong class to begin with. Once you see all the abilities you get adding a healing bit would be just not practical in gameplay.