The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stupid companions

Dalgorian

If bioware doesn't want me to kill my own companions because it might be shooting myself in the foot, how about freezing the idiot companions in carbonite? I would even take a huge penalty to their affection, I don't care I hate some of them anyway. ESpecially 2V-R8! There needs to be a mute button for companions talking. The droid is the most annoying but I really don't like being forced to listen to any of them. They each have a very limited amount of dialog and it gets annoying listening to the same things over and over.

My big annoyance with companions is the return from gathering missions. You are at the GTN shopping....BLAM window closed because 2V-R8 is back from some gathering mission that he failed on anyways. Writing a letter to someone? BLAM not any more...Ensign Temple is back with 2 biochemical compounds. Boss fight? No, this can't wait! Doctor Loken has returned! Submitting a ticket to complain about it? Nope, closing that out because your companion is back!

And Kaliyo, God knows I love you BUT QUIT FOLLOWING ME SO CLOSELY!

Khem Val is really bad with the whole following thing and getting in the way of my SI clicking on anything. I do agree with the whole window popping open thing. The only thing it doesn't seem to interrupt is another companions window. They are polite to each other, just not to me. Maybe it's just me, but this always seems to happen at the worst possible moment in pvp as well. Usually gets me killed because I know if I don't send them out right as they get back when they are shoving their find in my face, I will forget to later and miss out on an hour or two of slicing missions.

My big annoyance with companions is the return from gathering missions. You are at the GTN shopping....BLAM window closed because 2V-R8 is back from some gathering mission that he failed on anyways. Writing a letter to someone? BLAM not any more...Ensign Temple is back with 2 biochemical compounds. Boss fight? No, this can't wait! Doctor Loken has returned! Submitting a ticket to complain about it? Nope, closing that out because your companion is back!

This. The GTN interface sucks big time to begin with (can't search for a particular piece of armor, for example, can only search the type of armor...bleh) so after setting up all the search parameters, a companion returns from a mission and the GTN screen disappears and you have to start all over again. Can't the companion returns go into the "pending" area until I close GTN or mail or whatever windows I happen to already have open?

Pretty please?

And Kaliyo, God knows I love you BUT QUIT FOLLOWING ME SO CLOSELY!

Yet another issue we have complained about since beta. Not sure whose idea that was, but they definately failed on this.