Offhand weapon damage/dmg of weapons in general

Aidan_Pride

well we were talking about it in our guild...but in the end all we could do was specualte or compare with other mmos and how it may work since we have no combat log.

1. merc and marauder....is the secondary weapon dmg that low for real? my second char a merc uses twin shot and as i can see on my character sheet my secondary attack is like 10% only compared against my primary weapon. the first shot deals like (lvl35) 800 dmg while the second one only deals 50-80...its just an example on a mob.

why should i use twin shot at all, when tracer missile is so much better? besides that you dont have a lot of attacks really using your secondary weapon...is it just for looks? or what does it do...is it bugged, false labeled, wrong numbers on sheet or on hit?

no one of us is really sure if the secondary weapon works as intended.

2. weapon dmg in general....what does it do? do skills scale with it a little instead only using the attribute boni of an item? is it only for the standard attack you rarely or never use?

this are the 2 questions we couldnt solve with any evidence or just reason...without a combat log there is no way to find out for real.

do you guys have any clue...i think it was already wildly discussed in beta and some thought its bugged.