The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tank Leveling

Rezoh

Hey guys!

I just hit level 27 today and I've been having a blast with my powertech tank. Problem comes in Tatooine. Now I'm having some difficulties with packs of strong mobs or one elite. Mako isnt healing enough and I'n not dealing enough dps.

Should I change my spec during some levels and go dps? Should I wait for Gaunt and use it as my companion while I tank?

I'm not saying that it's difficult to level in this game, just having some issues right now.

Thanks in advance :)

both myself and a friend of mine had problems on tattoine (im a tank, hes a merc dps) we found that it was due to a gear gap, having not geared up the companion as well as we could as well as not having as good as gear for yourselves. i would suggest finding a friendly armourmech to make some gear for you and mako, or check the GTN.

this solved the problem for us immediately and made a big difference. hope that helps

both myself and a friend of mine had problems on tattoine (im a tank, hes a merc dps) we found that it was due to a gear gap, having not geared up the companion as well as we could as well as not having as good as gear for yourselves. i would suggest finding a friendly armourmech to make some gear for you and mako, or check the GTN.

this solved the problem for us immediately and made a big difference. hope that helps

Gonna try that. Too bad atm I'm quite broke after leveling diplomacy and buying the speeder.

I suggest holding off on crafting until you get near the level cap otherwise you're going to find yourself broke a lot. On another note, gear and keeping comp well geared is definitely a primary goal. As a Shield Tech spec I made sure to keep upgrading my gear to keep adding to my health pool and keeping Mako well geared means her heals are far stronger.

Id agree on keeping mako well geared. I re-equiped her the other night and im sure her heals have got a lot better. Got her some orange sith warrior gear off the GTN and respecced with lots of cunning!

Another problem youre gonna have is the mission for Gault is right at the end of tatooine and its a tough one from memory. Your best bet first off will be to look at you and makos gear.