Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

My suggestions this far

kufa

I thought I would share MY OPINIONS on what I think needs to be changed and implemented in SWTOR since my entire raiding guild has stopped playing and I really want a successful SW MMO on the market. I am sure I have forgot some things but here is my list:

World

- More NPCs to help the world to feel more alive (and a vastly greater amount of models)

- Implement critters/animal life/droids to help the world feel more alive

Graphics

- Allow much greater grass draw distances (it looks stupid to see it pop up really close to you while traveling)

- Implement high resolution textures

UI

- Needs to be customizable

Gameplay

- Make the combat slightly faster

- Make the speeders speed differences be worth the money

- Have neutral items that do not require you to be good or evil (do not punish neutral players)

- Implement a /roll command

Music/Sound

- Allow the players to loop the background music

- Implement ambient sounds

PVE

- Harder raids (why should raiders wait 3-4 months for content that gets cleared in a week and offers no challenge?)

- Gear for each difficulty setting (goes without saying)

- Do not make raidbosses so easy so that the only thing killing you without sufficient gear is the enrage timer

- Raids should take as long to clear as it takes to release new content

- Make the best gear very prestigious (hard to obtain)

PVP

- Make Ilum PvP more incentive (e.g. a daily quest hub/raid boss/etc. in the middle that needs to be sieged in a balanced way in order to be available, quests on the same area is not enough)

- Make battleground PVP more incentive (e.g. have daily or weekly competitions that rewards the winning faction, have PVP weekends, etc.)

- Remove the random bags and let the players buy their item of choice at a slightly higher prize

- Make the best gear very prestigious (hard to obtain)

Crafting

- Make crafting more desirable than just a grind for the bonus (e.g. profession talent trees that allows for "best in slot" gear but requires rare materials, PvP specced artificer/Buff specced biochemist/etc.)

Storage

- Account storage (no more mail spam to alts)

Companions

- Companion daily quests (I want to help my companions and not just let them rot in my ship)

- Make them feel more alive (e.g. have them suggest a crew mission that they "want" to take on from time to time if they are idle)

Space combat

- Implement group/raid space combat

- Make space combat talent trees (customization is fun)

- Make it impossible to buy the best gear and faceroll the missions (this is what I did)

Guild features

- Implement a guild calendar

- Implement a guild bank

- Implement guild progression tracking

- Guild quests

- Guild allies (with adequate chat support)

Edited by kufa

Looks like a well thought-out long-term plan there :)

There's one small error (that I can see) in the text that you could correct:

"Have neutral items that does not require" --> "Have neutral items that do not require".

I definitely support the feeling of these suggestions though, especially the graphics ones. We know the customisable UI is coming, so that's just a matter of waiting now. For everything else, the suggestions seem plausible over an extended period of time.

Edited by llesna

There's one small error (that I can see) in the text that you could correct:

"Have neutral items that does not require" --> "Have neutral items that do not require".

Thank you my good sir for pointing that out. It has now been corrected.

Great list.

I'd like to emphasize your first few items. It drives me nuts (and continually mystifies me) that background NPCs are not interactive in any way. Especially since most of them were in KOTOR, a Bioware game from 2003.

It's a small thing, but without these guys are just decoration, no different than a chair, table, or picture on the wall. It makes the worlds feel that much more lifeless and artificial.

That's some great list. Only thing I might disagree is making combat faster, mobs already drop pretty fast and I like to have time to think during fighting.

Anything related to Ilum needs serious thinking though. Faction imbalance is a huge problem, it doesn't help how attractive you make the zone if other side simply doesn't have numbers to compete.

I know I would like a hell of a lot more Guild functionality, beyond what other MMO's have, and I think that should be on your list. Calendars, Guild Banks, creating Guild Allies, Guild Progression, Guild Quests, common chat feature or LFG feature among your Guild and Allies.

Anything related to Ilum needs serious thinking though. Faction imbalance is a huge problem, it doesn't help how attractive you make the zone if other side simply doesn't have numbers to compete.

Why not have Server vs. Server Ilum? Obv. it would have to be instanced. But that might help resolve Ilum battles. And... who says it has to be rep. vs imp.? Sith are aggressive enough to fight their own kind for Ilum.

I know my server has WAY more imp than repubs, are there any servers with more repubs than imperials?

I know I would like a hell of a lot more Guild functionality, beyond what other MMO's have, and I think that should be on your list. Calendars, Guild Banks, creating Guild Allies, Guild Progression, Guild Quests, common chat feature or LFG feature among your Guild and Allies.

Oh, I totally forgot about the guild features. Of course these are things that should be on the list.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.