Heatseeker Missile Damage Boost Bugged?

CrazyStu

I was wondering if any other mercenaries, specifically of max level, have noticed that heatseeker missiles do not do the damage the skill states? The skill itself hits like a TM when no heat signatures are up, but each heat signature applied is supposed to up the damage of the heatseeker missile by 5% with up o 5 signatures, so 25%. However this doesn't seem to be the case, from my perspective either the skill description or the skill itself is bugged. If an attack does on average 1000 damage then on average being increased by 25% the damage would be 1250. Yet my heatseekers hit an average of 1760 on mobs without heat signatures and on the same mobs with 5 stacks of heat signatures hit for 1800-1950 damage. The problem is that a 25% increase to 1769 damage is approx 2200. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this as well.

I did, yeah, but chalked it down to the RNG. I'm kinda underwhelmed by Heat Seeking Missile, were it not for the fact it is an instant I don't know if I'd keep it.

I was expecting more oomph from my 31 skill, not something that I barely notice *especially* as the 25% does not seem to compute.

At my level and gear and by the tooltip Tracer does 1k and HSM does 1.1k. The 25% are pretty much a given since it should be up within the first 5 seconds of combat, but considering the 15 second CD I dunno, just feels a bit like a wet noodle. I guess I just as much would prefer hitting one more TM and use those three talents points somewhere.

Something to ponder once I reach 50.

nope. if i stack all of my buffs/debuffs HSM hits like a truck. usually 3-3.5k crits

Yes but if you are specced right that number is low, if the damage hit is 1760 normal and you heat sig a stack of 5, there is 25% extra damage. Now critical and lets use my characters 86% crit multiplier and you should crit for 4092k, minimum damage against a target equal to your level without dmg reduction. Now throw in the 30% critical damage and you get three options as I am currently unsure of when damage is increased. First is the whole critical is 30% greater giving you a 5319 hit. Second is the 30% increases that attacks surge giving you a 4752 hit. Third option is the critical damage is raised by 30% resulting in a 4659 hit. All against pve mobs of same level without damage reduction at the average base damage of the skill and much greater than your crits.

Edited by CrazyStu

i havent crunched the numbers but my highest crit was 4.1k and it was probably against an undergeared opponent. with full champ gear usually i get 3-3.5k and with RS around 2-2.5k i can do near 6k damage instantly, combined with the tracers i had to throw at them that usually does the trick. imo i wouldnt want to see more than that kind of damage from anyone else so im happy with it

Yes but if you are specced right that number is low, if the damage hit is 1760 normal and you heat sig a stack of 5, there is 25% extra damage. Now critical and lets use my characters 86% crit multiplier and you should crit for 4092k, minimum damage against a target equal to your level without dmg reduction. Now throw in the 30% critical damage and you get three options as I am currently unsure of when damage is increased. First is the whole critical is 30% greater giving you a 5319 hit. Second is the 30% increases that attacks surge giving you a 4752 hit. Third option is the critical damage is raised by 30% resulting in a 4659 hit. All against pve mobs of same level without damage reduction at the average base damage of the skill and much greater than your crits.

mobs have defense and absorption, accuracy needs to be taken into account, i regularly hit for over 4092k... not every time but on a boss a lot of my hits are higher than that, full columi gear with a couple of rakata thrown in for good measure.