Crew gathering skills broke

FlyinSpaghetti

Right I'm half way though i.e., level 31, 217 artifice, 207 arc and 144 on treasure hunting.

Now knowing that can someone please point out the benefit of doing crew skills because I see none rather than making yourself broke for items you can pick up somewhere for less.

Gathering doesn't give you enough crafting materials quickly enough to consider crafting your items over doing quests and getting them from vendors. Sometimes I'm wasting thousands of credits just to craft one hilt where I could do a few missions, earn some commendations and buy them from the vendors and still have some credits to do repairs as well as extra xp, as for reverse engineering it's a joke, how many items have you got to destroy before you can make some which a couple of extra points?

I feel crew skills should reward the players who spend their time and effort doing them rather than running through the game like a linear console player, does anyone agree?

I just wanted to share how well things are working out for my crew skills. I'm lvl 25 imp op and my skills are Scavenging 186, Armormech 174, and Underworld Trading 212. I'm making some decent money with my prof for where im at now, but i did find a rare pattern with underworld trading. I have been selling Sniper's Jacket a lvl 19 chest item, that has no mods in it, but can be place in there for 10k credits. I sell 2 jackets a day on my server. I currently have 4 on the ah, and enough materials from what i have gather to make 10 more.

Because of this, i have been able to constantly having a companion out to level underworld. I notice on some videos online that there players where at lvl 50 with there there mission crew skills at 150-250 range and there other skills were max. I currently have 18k on me, but have not bought my 40k speeder or training, but i have bought the 5k, and 20k bank slots. I should have the speeder in a day, but at the same time i able to keep up leveling my crew skills. I'm at the point now where im spending 880 credits for 35 min underworld training missions. I constantly keep a companion to work on it.

Final thoughts, maybe you have been lucky like i have to find a pattern that sells well. Check your rare, and see if there anything you could do like me to make your crew skills work for you. I wish you good.