The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guardians / Juggernaunts

skateboardc

Who else is bored of this class? I have spent millions of credits re-talenting my guy and yet, I still haven't found a fun build for this AC, the overall gameplay of this class is boring and the trees are cluttered, tanking feels really worthless, when equally geared and skilled players pull aggro off you, dps feels so gimped when you know your not doing as much DPS as every other class(i.e it taking 5 secs more for you to kill a solo mob), and pvp feels just dumb, I hate the ideal that my damage is miniscule compared to everyone else unless I go a Focus build(and please dont bring up smash builds, they are so worthless and only non-intelligent players will argue about it and 5-6k isnt OP if it can only be done every 19 secs and requires buffering - but than again, I hope that tree gets changed somehow, the whole playstyle does not match a warrior and the one trick pony gets played out fast).

Anyways, I have grinded full Battle Master gear and Columi / Tionese gear. However at the moment, there is nothing to do, I spend half the time doing low level flashpoints to see if my companion can solo bosses. Granted I am playing one of the weakest DPS classes, which really doesn't help the cause. I'm just saying, please fix the Warrior tanking AC, get rid of Rage and Focus tree, leave that for the Sentinels and Marauders and give us something more, something that focuses on single light saber combat, or buff Vigilance/Vengeance and fix our tanking tree(threat issues), swap out the tanking talents in Vigilance/Vengeance and put it in our Defense tree and put some other talents that are on par with DPS in Vigilance. Also give the Defense tree Sundering Throw, no ideal why its even in the focus tree.

Im leveling an alt that is level 35 at the moment and honestly I have never leveled an alt in any other game, I shouldnt have to here. But at the moment I am because there is simply nothing to do and this game is becoming really unenjoyable.

END of RANT - P.S I know this is a new game and content is going to be low, however at least make or trees make sense and viable. Because I really havent been on the game, only on the forums checking patch notes for new content and changes to my class. I am really considering freezing my account until this game becomes enjoyable.

I have to disagree on the PvP.

If you're smart enough to throw up guard on other players, and use taunt consistently, you can gain a lot of medals and points in protection. I also, as a defense spec, find my increased ability to stay alive increasing my damage output considerably. Compared to my first two characters (both DPSs), I have manage higher damage outputs on a much more consistent basis. I tend to be in the top few on my team for the warzone ranking each match because of these.

I haven't tried the DPS trees, but I know the defense one is very viable. And if you can't make it that, then (no offense) you're just doing it wrong.

No, I agree with you, I play full PVP DPS gear in Defense spec. However, do you know how dumb it is to play like this? I know we all have our roles, but when I spec DPS, I expect to be able to DPS. It is not like Im complaining about not being able to DPS, while Im a healer.