Guardians / Juggernaunts

skateboardc

Who else is bored of this class? I have spent millions of credits re-talenting my guy and yet, I still haven't found a fun build for this AC, the overall gameplay of this class is boring and the trees are cluttered, tanking feels really worthless, when equally geared and skilled players pull aggro off you, dps feels so gimped when you know your not doing as much DPS as every other class(i.e it taking 5 secs more for you to kill a solo mob), and pvp feels just dumb, I hate the ideal that my damage is miniscule compared to everyone else unless I go a Focus build(and please dont bring up smash builds, they are so worthless and only non-intelligent players will argue about it and 5-6k isnt OP if it can only be done every 19 secs and requires buffering - but than again, I hope that tree gets changed somehow, the whole playstyle does not match a warrior and the one trick pony gets played out fast).

Anyways, I have grinded full Battle Master gear and Columi / Tionese gear. However at the moment, there is nothing to do, I spend half the time doing low level flashpoints to see if my companion can solo bosses. Granted I am playing one of the weakest DPS classes, which really doesn't help the cause. I'm just saying, please fix the Warrior tanking AC, get rid of Rage and Focus tree, leave that for the Sentinels and Marauders and give us something more, something that focuses on single light saber combat, or buff Vigilance/Vengeance and fix our tanking tree(threat issues), swap out the tanking talents in Vigilance/Vengeance and put it in our Defense tree and put some other talents that are on par with DPS in Vigilance. Also give the Defense tree Sundering Throw, no ideal why its even in the focus tree.

Im leveling an alt that is level 35 at the moment and honestly I have never leveled an alt in any other game, I shouldnt have to here. But at the moment I am because there is simply nothing to do and this game is becoming really unenjoyable.

END of RANT - P.S I know this is a new game and content is going to be low, however at least make or trees make sense and viable.

Who else is bored of this class? I have spent millions of credits re-talenting my guy and yet, I still haven't found a fun build for this AC, the overall gameplay of this class is boring and the trees are cluttered, tanking feels really worthless, when equally geared and skilled players pull aggro off you, dps feels so gimped when you know your not doing as much DPS as every other class(i.e it taking 5 secs more for you to kill a solo mob), and pvp feels just dumb, I hate the ideal that my damage is miniscule compared to everyone else unless I go a Focus build(and please dont bring up smash builds, they are so worthless and only non-intelligent players will argue about it and 5-6k isnt OP if it can only be done every 19 secs and requires buffering - but than again, I hope that tree gets changed somehow, the whole playstyle does not match a warrior and the one trick pony gets played out fast).

Anyways, I have grinded full Battle Master gear and Columi / Tionese gear. However at the moment, there is nothing to do, I spend half the time doing low level flashpoints to see if my companion can solo bosses. Granted I am playing one of the weakest DPS classes, which really doesn't help the cause. I'm just saying, please fix the Warrior tanking AC, get rid of Rage and Focus tree, leave that for the Sentinels and Marauders and give us something more, something that focuses on single light saber combat, or buff Vigilance/Vengeance and fix our tanking tree(threat issues), swap out the tanking talents in Vigilance/Vengeance and put it in our Defense tree and put some other talents that are on par with DPS in Vigilance. Also give the Defense tree Sundering Throw, no ideal why its even in the focus tree.

Im leveling an alt that is level 35 at the moment and honestly I have never leveled an alt in any other game, I shouldnt have to here. But at the moment I am because there is simply nothing to do and this game is becoming really unenjoyable.

END of RANT - P.S I know this is a new game and content is going to be low, however at least make or trees make sense and viable.

I love the way this class works. Focus is exactly like an arms warrior without an Ms. The vigilance tree can be good for pvp but you cant control damage burst as well. Guardians all use sunder strike. It is great against anyone in pvp. Reducing armorial increases damage. Guardians if played well and specced right pull of amazing damage. On mine as focus without a personal healer I pull from 300k to 450k plus. It is great and force sweep reminds me of a warriors whirlwind in wow. Zealous leap is practically intercept.

I have had a completely different experience than you but its been great and still is. Hope things start to look better soon.

Sorry man I don't know what to tell you. I'm having a blast playing with my focus spec'd Jedi Guardian.

It's more than just smash. But burst is always fun. I love seeing 3 red names turn grey after I sweep in a crowd.

The movement we have in huttball is amazing. Guardian leap to the ball carrier on the top rack, force push an enemy off him, then stasis the other, then Force leap to the 2-3 enemys hassling the ball carrier at the enemy spawn and bust an Awe so the ball carrier gets across. So boss.

Nobody can get multiple people off capping a node/door faster than us, Leap>Sweep.

Force push is so much fun. Leap to two enemys on voidstar bridge, push one over, then kill the other one, makes you feel so boss.

Throwing a light saber at a retreating enemy and having it kill him and then fly back always tickles me. Especially once it's back you get another kill from a dispatch on a different opponent, pew pew lightsabers lol.

Being able to leap to 3-4 imperials trying to get to your left node, and encumbering long enough with Awe, Stasis, Force Push, and Freezing Force, so that your buddy that went left with you gets the cap. And then the zerg that went mid cleans up the 3-4 imps you encumbered for a solid quick 2 cap in the Civil War.

I think world PVP is also great when you can get into that 1v1 action without the zerg. I really feel like a Jedi Master, an unstoppable force in pursuit of justice. You may slow me down, but there is no stopping me. A Dangerous adverisary, relentless, unwavering. You are either defeated, or escape a near death experience. A Jedi, is nothing to trifle with.

2-3 Imps Near Voidstar Door, your teamates are in combat doing their thing on the 2-3 imps there, you leap to the imperial healer in the back, Stasis him, then push him into the 2-3 imps getting worked by your team, then Force Leap again back into the crowd of 3-4 imps (now), and let loose a disgusting force sweep on all 3-4 of them....so boss.

Jumping into a crowd that is losing, maybe like one healer and 2 dps all at low health, bust challenging call 30% less damage, push a dps, stasis a healer, then awe, and watch the health bars stablize of your teamates and they over come the enemy.

Not a lot of people see what a real Guardian is doing in warzones, but that is just a few things I am doing when you see me flying around whipping my lightsaber to and fro.

Well, far be it from me to judge but it could be just the game in general you're bored with if you're pouring that many hours into it (Already fully decked in top PVP gear and PVE gear?). I haven't touched my Guardian's spec and am still having fun with. Not a total blast but I'm definitely enjoying it and I'm fifty and working on my Champion set in PvP. I do play relatively casually though so I don't get burnt out on it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.