Security question every login

tfuller

Does anyone else get this? Every single login I get a security question. I don't know if its related to changing out a video card on the machine. I called on the phone to Customer Service(CS) and they said "there's nothing to be done about it."

Let me know if you experience this and if you have a suspicion why its occuring maybe we can help CS out. I'd request no trolls but to quote CS: "there's nothing to be done about it"

Do you login to the forums from work during the day from your work computer daily?

I believe the security questions are random, like once a week maybe at most, but if the system detects multiple computers logging into the same account then it will always ask the security question if the computer IP is different from the last computer IP to login.

So in short, if you don't login forums or the game itself other than one PC then I would be concerned and change your password, after checking for keyloggers.

Edited by SirSlayAlot

it's been happening to me several times a day. i just quit playing and cancelled my sub. problem solved.

And if you were wondering what silence was... It was the collective not giving a S***! :D

Back to being helpful... I haven't had the problem the OP has had. If anyone has and has fixed it... any ideas? Even if they haven't fixed it...

Does anyone else get this? Every single login I get a security question. I don't know if its related to changing out a video card on the machine. I called on the phone to Customer Service(CS) and they said "there's nothing to be done about it."

Let me know if you experience this and if you have a suspicion why its occuring maybe we can help CS out. I'd request no trolls but to quote CS: "there's nothing to be done about it"

What are your internet settings? For example, my work computer's browser settings automatically wipe all of my cookies when I close the search engine. As a side result, the TOR forums force me to answer another Security Question when I log in to answer people. It seems that the TOR forums place some kind of cookie on your computer to remember it, which therefore causes your Security Questions to get spammed if your settings normally wipe out your internet logs.

On my personal laptop, I don't have the wiping set up. As a result, I have no problems.

My personal advice is to double check your internet cookie settings to see if that's what is causing the problem.

And if you were wondering what silence was... It was the collective not giving a S***! :D

Back to being helpful... I haven't had the problem the OP has had. If anyone has and has fixed it... any ideas? Even if they haven't fixed it...

man that was awfully helpful.

the problem is with the game client. it's been known about since beta. the bug is completely random and may never affect you. it may also affect you several times a day. the amount of time you play has a lot to do with it, both in terms of random chance and the fact that your video card is overheating due to the poorly implemented graphics rendering in this game.

that's as helpful a response as there is to give, because there isn't **** all you can do about it until Bioware gets around to fixing it.