Party size of 4

Cynfulone

I am starting to find the party size of 4 a bit frustrating. It would have been nice at 5 or 6. I know it is convenient for most of the content but it is just so limiting for social players. The quests state Heroic 4+ but most of the time that just means get at lest a healer tank and a DPS. Is there scope for more content in the futue for larger group structures - not raid type content? Edited by Cynfulone

Changing the maximum single group size would seem to be a pretty big undertaking. The game thus far has been built with the assumption that, outside of operations, you've got a maximum of 4 people. Will we get larger single groups someday in the future? Who knows. Anytime soon? Doubt it.

PS - I've seen [Heroic 2], [Heroic 2+], and [Heroic 4]. Never seen [Heroic 4+].

6 is the best if you ask me. You include more dps, and the inevitable result is you need less healers/tanks - whom are always scarce.

On the raid side. I prefer raids that are at minimum 24. The best time I ever had raiding playing an MMO was 40's, 54, and 72 man raids.

Encounters had armies of mobs attacking your group. Raids weere more than beat enrage timer, don't stand in the fire.

Those large raids required skilled pulling, skilled kiting, skilled assisting, skilled grouping for aoe damaging.

But - in efforts to get more people involved in end game content, every dev team lowers raid sizes.

Hard for a guy like me that once was a part of a guild/raid group consisting of 72 raiders - that raided the same zone 2x a week for 3 months in order to gear up and get keys for the next stage of progression - to get excited by epic fights that have 8 players involved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.