Bioware developers and QA-Dept. Are you awake? Fix your game.

Hello,

Im almost, almost, writing this without knowing if I should laugh, cry, laugh and/or cry some more. You have made a game with one of the most respected brands in the world and you seem to have no official knowledge (if you dont count the automated replies) that there is anything wrong with the FIRST raid operation in the game.

Our guild has done done EV/karaggas 8man/16man, normal/hard/Nightmare. And I think this might come as a suprise to you but its bugged like no tomorrow.

Pylons are one thing but the one that your internal testers clearly dont have a clue about (maybe they are still levelling their mains) is SOA.

-missing platforms

-lightning balls that act very erracticly, because of said missing platforms

-SOA aggro resetting and again acting erracticly in phase 3

-3rd phase pylons not having any effect on SOA

With the latest patch it has just gone from bad to worse which kind of implies that you are not internally testing anything at all before you put stuff out. Which is bad management, oversight. It is a travesty towards paying customers (ie. me).

I know that you can hide behind comments such as:

-MMO´s are complex games which leads to some unsuspected issues

-we are aware of the issue and will work dilligently towards fixing them in a future content patch

-the test server is there for players to pick bugs out before we deploy them to the live servers

Well i think you know all the generic replies that you can give. Its on the post-it note on the right hand side of the monitor. Right? Wrong, give us an honest reply, not some generic mumbo-jambo that we have all seen before.

To put this simply, Fix your game. It takes courage to admit something is wrong. Do that atleast. Be a man. Be bloody Bioware and take resposibility for the game you created.

Best Regards

Axtor, a man that is bugged about bugs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38259194/Screenshot_2012-02-08_22_26_58_822906.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38259194/Screenshot_2012-02-08_22_28_48_428183.jpg

A note on the test server:

You are aware that no serious raider has a lvl 50 character on the test server because there is no NPC that makes you lvl 50 or allows you to copy your main over?

Edited by insanelf

Just cancelled my account last night because of various game stopping bugs during the leveling process. I have a level 42 Sith Sorceror whose quest log is mostly filled with lower level (gray) quests that I can't drop in order to pick up "fresh" quests, and a level 32 Bounty Hunter Mercenary whose story literally can't be advanced because when I enter my story area/instance, I instantly die.

This is on top scores of really annoying and constant flaws like my Reverse Engineering button constantly vanishing from my inventory, channeled abilities just some times not working at all, dressing room that doesn't display weapons, and sometimes gets bugged and won't display anything on my companion(s), etc. I could literally make a list of a hundred bugs that are common, that have been around since beta weekends. None of them are, by themselves, game breaking, but taken all together on top of the very standard and (apparently) flawed end game...

I just wanted to play through the very entertaining single player story missions on a few characters, on each side, and hoped that by the time I was done with that, the actually MMO aspect of the game would be developed into something good, but it's just too much.

I feel bad that I bought the CE and never even got a character to max level despite actively wanting to finish the class/leveling story. Between WAR and now SWTOR I think I'm done buying MMOs from EA.

Anyway, this might seem like unrelated QQ, but the point is that the lack of quality in the game neither begins nor ends with raids. The entire product is half baked.

Edited by Wintermutes

when I enter my story area/instance, I instantly die.

I'm sorry. That made me laugh. Not because I don't feel bad for you (I really do), but I was totally not expecting that sentence to end that way.

"when I enter my story area/instance, I get stuck and can't move" or

"when I enter my story area/instance, the boss is bugged and resets right before I kill him"

Was expecting something like that.

Anyways, that sucks. It seems like more and more people are leaving for one reason or another. My friend who I started with is probably not resubbing this month. He got to 50, but said the cities and planets feel kinda dead...lifeless to him. He liked the game, had fun levelling, but it just doesn't feel alive to him so he's going back to the game we used to play (not WoW).

It is indeed the overall quality that needs to be addressed.

I know that I speak for everyone in our guild that no one cares about new content, the 5man, when even current content is not bug free. No one wants to do new content with new bugs, everyone wants to do older content that is bug free.

The game is now 2months old. Excuses and marketing speak dont just cut it anymore.

The game has been out for less than 8 weeks. Have you actually presented your bugs in a formal report, or posted them in the Operations thread? Or do you just jump on the developer demanding justice?

You expected a perfect game, wrong answer...

Your guild has cleared all current content, congrats!

What exactly are you trying to say?

The game has been out for less than 8 weeks. Have you actually presented your bugs in a formal report, or posted them in the Operations thread? Or do you just jump on the developer demanding justice?

You expected a perfect game, wrong answer...

Your guild has cleared all current content, congrats!

What exactly are you trying to say?

Read my post again, with thought, dear sir.

But as an executive memo:

-its bugged

And i didnt expect a perfect game. But there comes a time when progress needs to be made.

Edited by Axtor

Read my post again, with thought, dear sir.

But as an executive memo:

-its bugged

And i didnt expect a perfect game. But there comes a time when progress needs to be made.

I did read your post, which is why I'm replying to it. You pointed out that there are bugs in operations. I'll ask again, did you submit reports to the appropriate channels? If you did, and you've run out of patience, bummer...

If not, you're equally at fault. Obviously the bugs aren't game-stopping since you've cleared everything.

So again, what's the point of what you're trying to say? All I see is that you're upset that Bioware hasn't fixed those bugs yet... sounds like you need to be patient and let the game mature, hence my comment about it only being released for a short time.

I did read your post, which is why I'm replying to it. You pointed out that there are bugs in operations. I'll ask again, did you submit reports to the appropriate channels? If you did, and you've run out of patience, bummer...

If not, you're equally at fault. Obviously the bugs aren't game-stopping since you've cleared everything.

So again, what's the point of what you're trying to say? All I see is that you're upset that Bioware hasn't fixed those bugs yet... sounds like you need to be patient and let the game mature, hence my comment about it only being released for a short time.

So a bug needs to be game stopping before it gets fixed?

16people doing 1 boss for 4 hours and not clearing it because of bugs is not reason enough for Bioware to fix it?

And please bear in mind that bioware has issued fixes to soa which have broken it even more and not fixed it. Does that sound like quality testing from their part?

To me it doesnt.

And also, regarding submitting bugs to bioware. you know how many tickets they would actually get? And it doesnt take away from the fact that if they had people internally testing content/operations, like they should have, these kinds of things wouldnt happen most likely.

DRAT.

I just lost the game, and following the rules customary to playing said game: I regret to inform you that you all have likewise lost the game and must inform at least three others of this failure within five minutes.

Have an excellent day.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

16people doing 1 boss for 4 hours and not clearing it because of bugs is not reason enough for Bioware to fix it?

And please bear in mind that bioware has issued fixes to soa which have broken it even more and not fixed it. Does that sound like quality testing from their part?

To me it doesnt.

And also, regarding submitting bugs to bioware. you know how many tickets they would actually get? And it doesnt take away from the fact that if they had people internally testing content/operations, like they should have, these kinds of things wouldnt happen most likely.

Sad to say that's not how game design works. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I hope they fix them for you soon.

To me it doesnt.

SO you DIDN'T make bug reports.... nice.

I am sorry, but as an MMO Vet I have seen this in every MMO. Patience is still a virtue and you obviously have none.

Sad to say that's not how game design works. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I hope they fix them for you soon.

I am a patient man, dont get me wrong. Im still playing, our whole guild is playing.

But how does game design work if not internally testing content?

SO you DIDN'T make bug reports.... nice.

I am sorry, but as an MMO Vet I have seen this in every MMO. Patience is still a virtue and you obviously have none.

Nice to see some constructive feedback from you sir.

I though i was pretty patient for 4 hours this evening wiping on soa´s missing platforms. But to keep in tone with your comment, have you, as an MMO veteran, not been having any issues on SOA nightmare? Or have you, as an MMO veteran, not done him yet?

So you agree that this game was launched pre-maturely.

This. Bioware has not a clue what there doing. Bunch of rats running in wheels trying to power the engine that is SWTOR, except half the rats are running in a completely different direction, perfectly cutting 50/50 into their work.

So you agree that this game was launched pre-maturely.

Not at all. Having been a beta tester for many months prior to release, I'm happy to see what the game has become. I'm unhappy to see unrealistic expectations based on a game that is light-years (no pun intended) ahead of previous MMO releases in terms of bugs and software issues.