Power, Crit, Defense, oh my.

psheets

I am currently leveling up a Guardian (and loving it compared to my Sent) and as I approach 27 the gear option finally branches off with choices. I am leveling as a tank (from the threads I read it is the easiest solo pve spec) and love it, but am a bit lost which stats to look for at this point. Since I am mostly soloing pve should I favor power over defense or look at crit?

Thank you for any insight!

When I leveled as a tank specced Guardian I started off grabbing a bunch of defense and endurance heavy gear. After about 20 levels I realized I'd only tanked two flashpoints and had spent nearly the entire rest of the time solo leveling. Because of that I started dropping tank stats (while still being in the tank tree) and grabbing strength, power and crit. That way you're still focusing on damage with your stats but getting the defensive abilities of the tank tree. You'll down groups faster and the defense talents will generally lower your downtime.

As for which to go for, I found it to be a preference thing. I really like strength because it causes more damage and gives small amounts of crit. Power increases the damage on everything so that's obviously a winner, followed by crit which of course increases your crit. Surge is good too but for leveling I normally grabbed that last.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.