combat medic with rifle

ormond

Is it viable or possible? I know certain skills wont work and my dps will suffer, but does my healing? as a combat medic I dont want to be dishing too much dps anyways.

I still think a medic lugging around a huge bfg is just wrong heh, too bad weapons arent tied to your spec, for example a combat medic with a rifle and if you spec dps you use bfg.

Thanks in advance!

Weapon damage stats do not factor into the equations for any of the healing abilities.

So long as the stats are the same, you should be fine. Looking on Torhead, the Aim and secondary stats (Power/Crit/Alac/Surge/Exp) look the same for items of the same level. Sadly, it doesn't show the Tech Power, but if that is the same as well you should be okay to swap them out, just from a healing perspective.

Some of the Commando DPS abilities, like Charged Bolts and/or, are tied to Tech Power not weapon damage, but others, like Full Auto are definitely weapon damage range specific and you will lose out there. I don't DPS, so take this paragraph with a grain of salt.

*edit*Looking into it, Charged Bolt requires a cannon be equipped, as does Hail of Bolts. Grav Round and Demo Round are both Tech based, not weapon based, but you won't have either of those as a healer. So basically, you can do it, your stats should be the same, but your DPS will suffer greatly and you will never be able to use Charged Bolts. I'd say it isn't worth it. Once the other side realizes you are a healer, they will start coming for you anyway. It might take them slightly longer to realize it without the cannon, but not much.

Edited by RuQu

I use a rifle for RP and casual PVE purposes, I'm a hybrid healer/dpser and grav round still works well with an epic rifle. But when srstiem come in a WZ gotta put the dumb big gun on as a healer. Makes no sense combat medic running around with a giant repeater.

I use a rifle for RP and casual PVE purposes, I'm a hybrid healer/dpser and grav round still works well with an epic rifle. But when srstiem come in a WZ gotta put the dumb big gun on as a healer. Makes no sense combat medic running around with a giant repeater.
Healing, the force, lightsabers, surviving a rocket to the face while wearing a dress does not make any sense either!