Underworld trading, which missions are worth going for?

Horcsog

My underworld trading is now 350, till now I mainly focused on companion gifts, but started sending companions on grade 6 underworld metal and luxury fabrics aswell, but those usually yield 2-3 blue items, which do not even regain the amount I spent on sending the companion on that particular mission.

Any thoughts on how to get some good money with underworld trading, I am even thinking of dropping it and taking investigation or diplomacy :(

Ok buddy, Let me help you out some.

I went with the stickied post above, took scavenging, Underworld Trading, and Cybertech.

You have to know whats in demand before you can know what to go for. While companion gifts are a cheaper, faster way to level, you missed the boat on profitability of the metals.

Fabrics and gifts do not yield a very good premium. Believe it or not, Grade 1, 2, and 3 metals are probably the most sought after. It takes a TON of grade 2 metals (Mullinine and the purple alumine ?SP?) for cybertechs to make the first ship upgrades, the first decent earpieces, and level 19-23 armor mods and "mod" mods, which almost everyone switches their Mods out at that level. Unfortunately, the game itself only gives so many Metal missions, so you end up with a stockpile of grade 3 metals from having to run the mission, even though you need grade 2 metals. This stockpiling effect takes place all the way through, decreasing the amount of metals needed above level 3'ish. Now, at max llevel, Mandalorian Iron is just crazy....10k a pop is not unusual, even on my low pop server, and I've only seen it for sale once, and I check the GTN religiously. At 10k a pop they were sold in less than 5 minutes.

So, what missions to run, Start with level 2 Rich Yield, Level 2 boutntful yield, and level 1 Rich yield. I say level 2 because (using your companion with the highest affection rating) you have a great chance at pulling in 10 metals a mission, which costs about 600 cr and takes 9-12 minutes and has a great chance of producing the purple metals also. This adds up fast and can be sold at 700-1k EACH for the blue...more for the purple...1k each a piece easy. Then to level 1, the purple stuff is what ur going for...its crazy hard to come by, since noone runs level 1 missions, and by running rich yield with high aff companions you get a fast return with low investment. These metals also fly off the shelves. Level 3 will sell well, but only at about the same price as the level 2, so why waste the extra time and credits...same goes for level 4..more time and credits to run the mission, with not really a whole lot of demand. The higher tier...Mandalorian Iron is just it...once you get there, run Mandalorian Iron and level 2 rich missions...thats it, and you'll be rolling in it.

The level 3, 4, and 5 metals end up being stockpiled by those wo have the craft skill also just because of the sheer amount of items needing level 2 metals to craft. Say you need 99 Grade , run missions for 5 hours...many times there wont be any missions available, so we..the crafters...use that opportunity to run a higher level mission to level the skill, but have no use for the metal at that particular time...hence why it gets stockpiled.

Just making sure you understand why the lower tier can actually be more profitable..less investment, less time, great rate of return and high demad. Always use high affection companions and buy the UT missions from GTN...they're always worth it...as long as theyre not overpriced...

Good Luck, Mike

Holy crap buddy do you want to be spoon fed with a SILVER spoon at that!?

How bout check the market for what is hot then test your missions and see what you get.

Just like all the rest of us do.

Cheers,

• 12 years later...
On 2/8/2012 at 2:41 PM, bunzo said:

Holy crap buddy do you want to be spoon fed with a SILVER spoon at that!?

How bout check the market for what is hot then test your missions and see what you get.

Just like all the rest of us do.

Cheers,

Holy crap buddy. Do you want to be anymore hateful and rude?

How about recognizing this forum is partly for people who want advice?

Just like the rest of us do. Btw, not "all" of us do as you said. If you are going to be rude, you are going to get rude and pedantic.

Cheers,