Forum-time out for continuous reported posters.

Grihm

The forums are in serious need of a clean-up. There is no much hate-posting and rage and yelling each day that any useful and actual constructive posts are pushed back to side 2-3 or more.

When people just starts threads on random for the use of name-calling, spewing hatred on the developers etc, we can flag them. Many are removed or moderated, but the haters go on.

Place a forum-timeout on flagged posters when they reach a certain amount of reports. This way they cannot post for anything between 24 hours to several days. Already i have seen one death-threat, several harassments and just pure and simple angeled hate with no constructive base what so ever.

The forums are in serious need of a clean-up. There is no much hate-posting and rage and yelling each day that any useful and actual constructive posts are pushed back to side 2-3 or more.

When people just starts threads on random for the use of name-calling, spewing hatred on the developers etc, we can flag them. Many are removed or moderated, but the haters go on.

Place a forum-timeout on flagged posters when they reach a certain amount of reports. This way they cannot post for anything between 24 hours to several days. Already i have seen one death-threat, several harassments and just pure and simple angeled hate with no constructive base what so ever.

While I appreciate the intent, if it's an automated system it will be abused. I've had some posts removed, mostly because they were tangential answers to a controversial subject. I believe they were constructive, even useful for my opponent in the argument, but they were certainly somewhat off-topic and definitely political and therefore offered grounds for deletion.

But on controversial topics like that, people have strong opinions, and some *will* flag you regardless of the amount of constructive criticism, regardless of politeness or humility. If the same troll who posts hate thinks you're wrong, they will use this feature to silence you.

The way it is now is some work and not everything gets reported, but that's better than giving those who would maliciously use it to shut up certain groups even more power.

Hello all,

We wanted to thank you so much for helping us out with flagged posts. We want to assure you that each flagged post is looked at and encourage everyone to flag a post or thread they feel is a duplicate, or rule-breaking.

If you wish to offer suggestions or your thoughts on moderation or moderation practices, please do not hesitate to email us. We are always looking for (constructive!) feedback regarding moderation. You can send your feedback here: communitysupport@swtor.com.

Since this thread isn't discussing game issues and is instead discussing types of forum posters, we're going to go ahead and close it.